“Peaceful stay!”
Review of Seaview Resort

Seaview Resort
Ranked #27 of 79 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I recommend Seaview Resort for many reasons..

First of all the view is so amazing especially at night this place I can see large amount of star and the green light from night boat.

Second, the room is clean I felt comfortable when lay down on the bed.

Third,the staff very good they give me many information of kohtao and with their information I had snorkeling trip around the island that is so amazing because of many fish.

Forth , the local Thai food is great with cheap price ..I don't have to go anywhere to find the food.

I recommend this place for these reason.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have to tell you that if you choose this place you very lucky compare the price and service in many resort in kohtao . It's not expensive and I really enjoy the view here.the manager here is very good he take care me very well seems like I live in my friend house than resort thanks for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Staphanna
Reviewed 12 March 2014

After reading the bad reviews I was nervous about staying here however I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were helpful, the room was lovely and adequately priced (especially considering the cost of accommodation on the majority of the island). The restaurant is basic but the food was good and the offering vast. There was a really friendly 'family' vibe from the staff. I would recommend. It is a walk away from the centre so I recommend renting a bike !

Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Cherie F
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The place itself is remote but beautiful, but the bungalows are old worn down and dirty. I paid more then 3000 baht per night through Agoda for this (and even that was a so called special promotion), but 1000 was more appropriate.
Stayed for three for three nights. The (Myanmar) staff do not speak English very well (or Thai. My girlfriend is Thai and had the same problem when asking them for something) and they are unfriendly. They try to make their problem (taking care of customers) yours by doing nothing. Only if you ask them they say something, but try to do everything to not to take any action and just laugh in your face when you try to tell its not good enough for the money you pay.
We had the "deluxe honeymoon suite", but in fact there was nothing luxurious to find here. The TV did not work. There was no hot water. The AC was only working half. So the room was still to hot after many hours. The curtains almost fell down and everything was not clean. They did not clean our room for all four days we stayed there. There was an old wooden leaky bathtub that can only fill half after two hours running the tap and the dirt from previous customer was still in there. The food they serve was not bad but very small portions. I did not see or speak to any manager after complaining about these things. They charge 200 baht to take you to Mae Head.
Walking is a bit to much when its hot. If you do it go early in the morning. This should not be called a resort, but a backpackers hostel with bungalow. The balcony is a dangerous no go area. It slopes down about 5%! At this price i am used to get two bottles of water for free in warm countries. Not here. They say they never do that. Its a disgrace for the beautiful island of ko tao.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henkiew
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 weeks at Sea View resort. We had good time there, the view is amazing. They have also WiFi, included in the bungalow. You definitely need a scooter, as it is far away by everything, cannot go by foot. The staff is not very friendly and if you need somebody / something you might have to wait a few minutes or hours until somebody shows up. Another downside would be that the food is expensive and not too good, the "fruit shakes" are from can. We had to change 3 bungalows there. In the first one we had a lot of ants (thousands), in the second one a giant gecko which was really noisy in the night time giving no possibility to rest. In the last bungalow we had really good time. Had the best view, was quiet, had hammock, wild insects and birds, many squirrels and peace.
The staff assured us that they will provide us transportation to the pier, but just 2 hours before leaving they told us that they cannot take us, because the driver left. This wasn't pleasant at all.
As a conclusion: we had a good time there, I would recommend it to anyone, but DON'T count on the staff or on the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DeliaElena2013
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here in March 2013 while we wer traveling around Thailand. First off I want to say a huge thanks to Neil (the manager at the time) who helped me receive medical treatment after he saw my "untreated" wounds from a scooter accident! He was brilliant and very helpful during our stay and I recommend that you have a chat with him for some great advice about the island. Thanks Neil!!

The accommodation itself was pretty basic. we stayed in one of the cheaper wooden huts which was a great experience! we shared our room with a termite/ant nest which didn't bother us as they kept to they're corner of the room and also lots of little lizards which we didn't mind either! The view is great and I like the feeling of living in the tree tops! restaurant wasn't very good so I strongly suggest heading into town and also, transport is a must as its maybe a 25min walk to the main beach area (Neil was happy to give us a lift tho!).

all in all, we enjoyed it! and if u have transport... you should defo give it try!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan N
Reviewed 10 December 2013

we stayed there for 6 nights. we live in thailand, so wanted a bit of an escape for a few days.
the first contact by email was great, with Neil.
however when we arrived...
the previously organized pick up had been forgotten.
after the trip we had to get there is was a bit frustrating, but a few phones calls and a bit more patience and Paul arrived.
we probably stayed at a bad time, new owners had just taken over.
it seemed a bit messy. Paul looked a bit surprised that we had a booking and payed a deposit...
the next day Neil came back, and all was explained and fixed.
the room was as expected, basic with a wonderful view, the restaurant had a great view as well, but i was not impressed with the breakfast.
all in all i doubt we will go back, but it s a shame, it could be an amazing place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple