We have stayed for three nights at the Seaview Resort apparently shortly after there was a change in management. I cannot judge the resort before the beginning of July 2014. But it was the comments on TA before that date that made me and my two friends book this place.
Unfortunately then the management changed. To the worse. The "manager" is extremely uncapable. Now, on what grounds do I make such a claim?
First, we are no 5-star travellers. We are three young guys who are very used to rustic accomodation but we expect that if we pay more than average that we are treated fairly well. And I do not mean being spoilt all the time, but being seen as customers and not intruders.
1) Before we arrived our booking got completely lost. After asking to get a reconfirmation that our booking is actually exisitng (and we had prepaid!), the manager felt offended and educated me via email on how to behave. Bad first impression.
2) Upon arrival things were not as we had booked. Instead of complaining all the time we remained friendly and tried to keep quiet and just get along with the situation.
3) Rooms are not being cleaned although you ask for it. The manager then says his staff is so unreliable. Btw, great boss!
4) Our windows couldn't be opened. After telling the manager he said he would take care of the repair. It did not happen until three days and many complaints later. Then the handyman left nails, metal parts and a lot of dirt in our room. Meaning that after the handyman left the room nobody checked back if it was alright, let alone if it was clean.
5) Overall the manager spreads an atmosphere in this resort as if it was his living room. If you enter the restaurant/bar you immediately get a feeling of being repelled since he gives you the feeling you are disturbing him (he is sitting in the restaurant all day and night long). Very bad feeling if you actually came to spend money. Once we ate in the restaurant, and never again, because they just give you the feeling that you are bothering them (the food was ok though).
6) There was a special situation when a power cut occured. Numerous people complained about that. Here, I have to say, we know it is normal on Koh Tao that the electricity just comes and goes, no problem. However, the way the manager dealt with the situation was terrible. I, for one, again heard him educating people that they should not complain to him and that it is a new situtation for him, too, and right now, anyway, it is very diffficult for him and that the customers shouldn't ask so many questions. It was utterly unprofessional.
7) The manager decides very spontaneiously on when to close the kitchen. Although he might tell you that they offer food until XX.XX, you might find yourself hungry at night because he comes up with ridiculous reasons on why the kitchen had to close early "today". This is simply not the way customers want to be treated.
And bear in mind, that they don't charge you a cheap hut price of 500-1000B, but give or take between 1400 and 1800B per night. Given the price level I would expect somewhat of a more overall professional handling.
To be fair: The resort seems clean. However there is a terrible sewer smell all over all the time.
Yes, there are geckos, but it is a tropical island after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family-run resort and restaurant offering stunning views across the Gulf of Thailand from Aow Leuk and Shark island to Koh Pangang and Koh Samui. Our rooms are traditional style wooden bungalows set in large tropical gardens, with a popular restaurant a bonus for our guests. We are close to all the main beach areas of Koh Tao but far enough away to offer some peace, space, and tranquilty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaview Resort and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.