“Great diving school!!!”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #13 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We did 10 fun dives and really enjoyed it. The staff was professionnal and very friendly. The little speed boat can not take more than 2 groups of divers. Once we even were just the two of us with our dive master! When you see other boats with 5 groups on board (=20 students + 5 dive masters), you really enjoy the privacy atmosphere. The restaurant is also perfect to take a drink or eat especially at the end of the day, simply enjoying the beautiful sunset.

1  Thank finou245
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hello, and thanks so much for your positive review. We are very antisocial divers and completely agree with you - the less other boats and people we see at the dive sites the better! That's really what fuels our business model - small groups, small boats and off set dive times to avoid the crowds, and of course allow you a bit more sleep by making our departures later than all the other dive centres! We are happy you stuck around after your dives to sample our cafe food and bar, and are welcome back anytime. You were both a pleasure to take diving, and we hope to see you back on Koh Tao again one day soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Did Rock 1 and 2 with Danny and Charly and had a great time. Both courses were good fun and safety wise excellent.
There are lots of different routes to climb and some even better places to abseil.
When you're finished for the day , the Goodtimes bar is the best place for a cold beer and a great sunset.
Thanks again and see you soon!

1  Thank beachfan74
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We love our team here and the environment we have created between our adventures, cafe and bar team - its definitely our favourite place to hang out. We're happy you had so much fun on your courses with us, and I'l make sure your comments get passed on to Danny and Charly.

Thanks again and happy climbing until we see you next. No doubt you'l have some more rock monkey skills to impress us with by your next visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had initially booked Rock 1+2 with GTAdventures, but ended up doing only Rock 1 because my flight was rescheduled and I ended up spending a few days less on the island than expected. Great honesty from the staff, who advised me to save my money and do a guided climbing instead of Rock 2 directly. Koh Tao has great climbing spots and GTA is the only company offering rock climbing on the island, and I believe on the whole East Coast (it was monsoon time on the West Coast when I visited, that's why I didn't want to go there). All staff (except at the café) are British or American, I reckon, and as far as security is concerned, they have very well trained staff, excellent equipment and their activities are no less secure than back home. Dave is a great teacher and I had a terrific time climbing my first rocks! And on the third day I had an awesome cliff jumping + snorkeling trip! Thumbs up!

1  Thank gutuAter

Hello and thanks for your complimentary review, we're very glad you had such a great introduction to rock climbing with us. We always try to ensure our customers get the best possible experience with us, which means being open and honest about what our instructors think is best for each individual student. So we're happy that you did the guide service and got to go cliff jumping and snorkelling too, rather than continuing straight to the Rock 2 course. You definitely packed a lot of action into your short time with us!

Thanks again for reviewing, I will make sure your comments get passed on to Dave and the rest of the teaching team. We hope to see you back on our rocks very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Goodtime Adventures played a massive part in making this year’s summer one of the best yet. From the moment I arrived the staff team were incredibly welcoming and fun to be around, whether it be out on adventures or celebrating beer o'clock!

I completed my Advanced Adventurer, Rescue & EFR through Goodtimes this year and through doing so had some of the most awesome experiences whilst meeting some amazing people. My instructor Linzi never failed to be enthusiastic and bubbly which meant learning new things was incredibly fun!! The group sizes were very small in comparison to most other dive schools working on Koh Tao, therefore the tuition is a lot more focused and personal making the experience extremely relaxed and enjoyable.

I would most definitely recommend Goodtime Adventures to anyone interested in making their holiday one to remember as not only is the diving awesome they organise rock climbing and cliff jumping adventures too!

I shall be returning!! Miss you guys :-)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are very happy you had such a fun and enjoyable summer with us. Not only are you an excellent diver, but great fun to have around the shop and get to know. It was great that you could stay around long enough to try out some of our other activities as well as your diving courses too. We're really proud of the fun and friendly environment we have created for our customers, while maintaining personal and safety focused learning.

We hope you will return in the future for more summer fun - I'm sure Linzi is keen to make a Divemaster of you! All the best from all the GTA crew until next time.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I originally planned on staying in Koh Tao for 2 days. During that time I met Darren, one of the skilled Divemasters who use to work for Goodtimes. We chatted extensively and I decided to spend the next 4 months living on the Island and completing my Dive Master Training.

I choses Goodtime Adventures initially for a variety of reasons:

1. Small Shop - Treats you like an individual, unlike some of the big dive shops on the island who's main goal is to pump out qualified divers as fast as possible. They will work with you to ensure you get the best possible 1 on 1 training and have the most fun during your stay.

2. Speed Boats and Small Groups- Goodtime Adventures has 2 lightning fast speedboats that zoom you out to low trafficked dive sites. No waiting for that big dive boat filled with 30 people to slug its way forward. The most people you will dive with when choosing Goodtimes is 8, with group sizes generally around 3, including the instructor. Out to Sail Rock in 40 minutes?! Yes Please!

3. Staff - So, I cannot really say enough about the quality of instructors here. Having dived many other places, the knowledge base and experience that the Goodtimes SCUBA instructors have just blew me away compared to my other experiences. They truly enjoy their job and have made it their goal to turn every aspiring Open Water student in to a qualified, safe diver who is confident and competent under water. Linzi was my instructor for my DMT course. She taught me loads, and transformed me in to a adept, experienced professional diver in the short time we had together.

4. Equipment - All equipment used for both SCUBA diving and Rock climbing is new and in fantastic working order. Of the 60+ dives I did with Goodtimes, I never had an equipment issue from the GTA stock. All of it is properly maintained daily and well within servicing limits.

5. Food - Even though I was diving with GTA on a daily basis, I never got tired of their food. They are one of the few (if not only?) place on the island that serves Burmese food (the Burmese staff who runs the restaurant are some of the nicest people I have ever met).

6. More than just diving - Instead of being just another dive shop, GTA offers much more... Rock climbing (including a very detailed rock master course, similar to a DMT), Abseiling, cliff jumping, wake boarding, tubing, snorkeling tours, boat charters, and more. Honestly, when you are in Koh Tao, just pop in to say hi. You will meet the staff and immediately feel at home.

7. Goodtimes Hotel - GTA is one of the few dive shops with their own hotel - like they own it... Not a 3rd party hotel that takes divers... This hotel is beautiful and brand new, with competitive prices for all types of rooms. During high season., I would book early, since the hotel (and diving) can fill up pretty fast.

8. Glow Scuba! The first Dive Shop on Koh Tao to offer this exciting new way of night diving. They do it the best by far.

Whether you stay on Koh Tao and dive with GTA for 4 months or 3 days, when you leave you will feel like you are leaving a bit of family behind. I have grown close to the staff at Goodtimes and can say they are some of the best people I have ever met. Thanks for an amazing summer in Koh Tao!

Adam Allegro

SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Wow thanks so much for your awesome review!

I think you've hit on all the points that we are really proud of here at Goodtimes. Small groups, fast speedy boats, personal and professional attention and of course our awesome teaching staff! All conveniently located right on the beach for those perfect sunsets, alongside our hotel and funky cafe.

We're very glad you chose us for your divemaster course, and were able to stay for as long to get yourself up the mountain for some climbing and on some cliffjumping trips too. It was an awesome few months of fun, and you fitted into the Goodtime family from the get go.

You will be very much missed around the office, on the boat and of course underwater, and we are looking forward to your return for Songkran festivities in April.

Thanks for all the fun times, we'l see you again next year for some Thai new year festivities, and of course the second installment of 'high five a ginger' day!

Happy diving, travelling and photo snapping until then, best regards from the whole GTA team.