“FABULOUStime!!”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #12 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend, parents and brother (all adults) visited Koh Tao this May and had a fantastic day excursion with goodtimes. We had contacted goodtimes prior to our arrival and explained to them that we were looking for a day of both beginner climbing and snorkeling. They did an excellent job creating the perfect day itinerary for us. Charly, Tim and Viggo were all professional, fun, and very experienced in the services they provide. We felt safe and cared for, both during our climbing and snorkeling experiences. I would recommend goodtimes to any of my friends or family. We had an fabulous day with the goodtimes team and will certainly visit again next time we are in Koh Tao.

GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello there, and thank you for your fabulous review. We're so please your whole family had such a 'Goodtime' with us!

The adventure day is a great way to get out and try a bunch of activities, and you guys rocked it! It was a pleasure to have you up on the mountain and out on our boat. I will make sure your positive feedback gets passed on to Charly, Tim & Viggo.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave such a great review, we really appreciate it. And yes, you must come back and see us again on your next visit. Until then safe travels and happy adventuring.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say thank you for the great time had with this company!

Daniel our dive guide was fantastic in helping us learn all about diving! We were new to diving and felt totally comfortable and safe with his guidance!

We did the discover diving day diving and the price was reasonable and reflected the dive time we got. Daniel was great and showed us all we needed to know without spending hours and wasting our time on all the little training aspects. He was really friendly and knew what he was doing! Pointing out everything underwater and showing us after in a guide book everything we had seen!

We didn't actually get to say bye or thanks to him as we couldn't find him (so hopefully he reads this)!!

Really nice lady on the desk helped us sort everything we needed and they let us store our luggage for the day as we were getting the night boat!

Thanks again, would recommend highly! Has made us want to dive again!!

Amelia and Tom

1  Thank Millie H
GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

You are very welcome, and thank you for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts.

We're very happy you enjoyed your discovery dive experience, its the perfect way to experience our amazing coral reefs and marine life without having to commit to the full course - minimal classroom time and no homework!

I will make sure your thanks and comments get passed on to Daniel. You're right, he's a great instructor. I'm sure he'll be really pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with him so much.

Safe onward travels, we hope you will continue to dive throughout your trip, and hope to see you back here for your open water course sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My trip to Thailand started out rather rocky, being told I couldn't dive because of an old injury I almost went home. Only I had stumbled across a company who did rock climbing so thought I would give this ago and decide where I headed from here, the company in question.....Goodtime Adventures!!!!

The people who work at this place are obviously doing something right, I believe it's there harmonious work life balance that helps them enjoy getting up and teaching the plethora of activity options on offer, will bend over backwards to help you achieve it and make the most of each trip.

I decided to stay on and do a Rock Master course, as they were so kind I opted to stay in the good time hotel also for the entire duration, despite them telling me there is cheaper alternatives based on length of time I was planning to stay (proof I was amongst good people). Amidst my stay I also decided to try The Flying Trapeze, I strongly recommend this, Gemma who runs this is a fantastic teacher! No matter what activity all the staff are very competent and both breaking things down and teach you at your own pace to ensure everyone is having fun and staying safe too.

I can honestly say as I wind up my 9th week on this island I wouldn't change a thing except for the dengue. And I have made some true friends for life as cliche as it sounds, if you want home away from home they have everything you need! Thanks too Charly and Tim the owners, and they're staff, Vigo, Bjorn, Daniel, Johnny, Chelsie, Linzi, Sara, Myo, Eddie, Steve, Nikki, Gemma, Kelli, some of who I didn't train/work with directly but still made this an unforgettable trip! May the passage of the monkey fist continue! X

GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Aw man, writing this makes me sad. Come back please, we miss you already!

Thanks for all of your amazing comments. You were such and amazing and passionate climber, and all round good guy. And generally just a pleasure to have around. It sucks that you were unable to dive, but we're so glad you stayed around for your rockmaster course and got to become part of our Goodtimes family.

We're also happy to tried your hand at the trapeze. You rocked it, good job! Although the feedback all round is that you were just a little too comfortable in those lycra leggings and tights ;) We're sure you will make it back to us again in the future, and when you do that monkey fist challenge is ready and waiting for you. Such a shame you didn't get to take part - damn dengue!

Big love until next time. Once a Goodtimer, always a Goodtimer!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited Koh Tao in March of 2014 and I was only on the island for four short days. I climbed and stayed the the hostel at Goodtimes. My experience was so positive that I had to go back from more fun in June of 2014. I decided that since I loved GTA so much, I would do my open-water certification with them. So I booked seven nights at the hostel and my SSI open water with them.

I stayed in the all girls dorm room and it is probably the cleanest dorm I have ever been in! I highly suggest it. It has aircon, hot showers and clean beds! Oh and there is wifi in the rooms. It was a total score!

The restaurant at GTA is also great! I ate at least one meal a day there. The cooks are Burmese and so there are a few wonderful Burmese dishes on the menu. I certainly suggest the Tea Leaf Salad. You wont be disappointed. It was tasty and was just like the ones I had eaten in Burma!

Since I booked alone, they tried to make sure that I had someone else in my classes with me. Another girl Theresa ended up going through her certification with me as well. Daniel was our dive instructor. He spent so much time working with us one-on-one to make sure we mastered each of the skills that we needed to do before we even go into the open water.

On day two, which was the first day of sea dives, I seriously struggled with some of the skills, not because I had not received proper training but because I was not comfortable at all in the water. Dan, helped me to calm down many times in the water. His "calming eyes" saved me. He made sure to always check on me whenever we were about to work on a new skill in the water.

He spent so much extra time helping me to make sure that I felt comfortable and that I was able to do each skill. At one point, I was not sure if I would even pass the course do to my uneasiness in the water. He helped me to calm down, time and time again and it is because of him that I now have my open water.

I am so grateful for the extra time that he spent with me to make sure that I was doing alright and that I knew I was safe in the water with him. If I had gone to any other dive shop on the island, I would not have gotten such one-on-one help and I know that I would not have left the island with my open-water cert. I am so thankful for Dan and all of the GTA crew for being such an amazing group of instructors!

After I had gotten my open water, I also did an afternoon of climbing with Eddie and Myo. I have done a bit of climbing before and it was my second time climbing with GTA. I have to say that they are so safe and these guides make the climbs a ton of fun. They make sure that you get to the top! Myo is very kind and a very experienced climber. He tells you exactly where to put your foot and gives you tons of verbal encouragement. Eddie is very personable and is a great climbing buddy, not to mention hilarious!

I would suggest that anyone who is looking for a great time and who is an active traveler, should hit up GTA on Koh Tao. I promise you wont be disappointed!

1  Thank Mhenning2007

Hello you! Wow, what a fantastic review, thanks so much for taking the time to give such detailed feedback. We really appreciate it.

Its great to get such amazing comments across all areas of our business. We're so happy that you came back to us, and enjoyed yourself just as much the second time as the first. We love it when people come back to us for more fun and adventure!

Congratulations on getting your Open Water licence, its great that you kept at it. You did a great job, well done. I'll make sure all of your compliments get passed on to Daniel. And I'm sure we'll be seeing you back here for your third round of Goodtimes in the future for your advanced course!

Thanks again, and safe travels & happy diving until we see you next. All the best from the whole team.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our family arrived in Koh Tao with plans to rock climb and scuba dive. I did my open water PADI in 1999 when the island was a fair bit quieter. I wasn't sure if I needed to redo the whole course, because it was so long ago. Most operations are fairly similar in terms of pricing and you might get some cheaper deals elsewhere but we liked the feel of Good Times and their staff. The awesome Good Times chicks quickly went online and found my accreditation to show I had my qualification. Yay. I then had the good fortune of having a one-on-one refresher with Charlie in order to then do a fun dive. I basically had a personalised lesson at a dive site and 2 fabulous dives. Charlie is a fun, knowledgable and encouraging teacher who was great to dive with. My next 2 dives were with Sara who took 2 of us for a great dive when the weather was pretty wild and crappy. Underwater it made no difference and we got to go thru a swim-thru cave which was super cool. Johnny the boat captain was great transporting us safely again thru choppy seas and navigating the reef back to shore. I was impressed with the quality, thoroughness and organisation of Good Times and the personalised nature of their trips. I would say it is a niche group of very down to earth and capable staff without the mass mentality of larger operations. My husband and our daughter did 3 different guided climb sessions which were tailored perfectly to their level of experience. Our daughter climbs in a squad/team at home and she was pretty happy to be given the opportunity to lead climb in such a majestic location. Both Tim and Viggo were safe, excellent and knowledgable guides. They tailored the sessions perfectly to suit their desires which was great. We were pretty happy to be able to kick back and have a great meal after our outdoor exploits. Great good, great staff, great experience. Great times! Thanks from the Sweet Family

GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello there and thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough and complimentary review. Its always great to get such positive feedback and I'll make sure your comments get passed on to all of the staff members you mentioned.

Your family was a pleasure to have around, both on land and underwater. You definitely all embraced the adventurous nature of our activities. We've always strived for a more personal approach to our operations, so we're happy to hear you feel you got so much value and attention from all of our staff.

We hope the remainder of your holiday was just as much fun, and wish you many more adventures of the Goodtime variety on future trips.

Safe travels and all the best from the whole crew.