“Goodtime? More like GREATtime...”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #11 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
“Goodtime? More like GREATtime...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I did both my open water and advanced open water SSI certification courses AND stayed at Goodtime while on Koh Tao. My instructors for the open water certification were Bjorn and Daniel, and they were the best. I can't speak highly enough about them - everyone felt comfortable at all times, they were thorough in their instruction but not to the point that it was redundant or boring, and everyone had an amazing time. My advanced course with solely with Daniel, and that was also a treat. What a guy.

The hostel itself was great/clean/fairly priced and everyone who worked there was not only accommodating but extremely pleasant and fun to be around. We were there for a total of 10(ish?) days, and just a few days in we felt like we were part of the family there. I'll definitely be returning to Goodtime, sooner rather than later.

Visited April 2014
GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hey there and thanks for such an awesome review of our hostel, diving, and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

We're so happy you stayed around for so long, it was just as much fun for us to hang with you as the other way around. I'l make sure your comments get passed on to Bjorn and Daniel, they'll be super happy to hear how much you got out of your time with them.

Yes, yes, yes to you coming back to us again! And sooner rather than later we hope. Besides, the more courses you take the more outlandish certification photos you get to make for your cert card! Your advanced mugshot was one of our favourites!

All the best from the whole crew, and see you again soon.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOUStime!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend, parents and brother (all adults) visited Koh Tao this May and had a fantastic day excursion with goodtimes. We had contacted goodtimes prior to our arrival and explained to them that we were looking for a day of both beginner climbing and snorkeling. They did an excellent job creating the perfect day itinerary for us. Charly, Tim and Viggo were all professional, fun, and very experienced in the services they provide. We felt safe and cared for, both during our climbing and snorkeling experiences. I would recommend goodtimes to any of my friends or family. We had an fabulous day with the goodtimes team and will certainly visit again next time we are in Koh Tao.

Visited May 2014
GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hello there, and thank you for your fabulous review. We're so please your whole family had such a 'Goodtime' with us!

The adventure day is a great way to get out and try a bunch of activities, and you guys rocked it! It was a pleasure to have you up on the mountain and out on our boat. I will make sure your positive feedback gets passed on to Charly, Tim & Viggo.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave such a great review, we really appreciate it. And yes, you must come back and see us again on your next visit. Until then safe travels and happy adventuring.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing time had with Goodtime adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say thank you for the great time had with this company!

Daniel our dive guide was fantastic in helping us learn all about diving! We were new to diving and felt totally comfortable and safe with his guidance!

We did the discover diving day diving and the price was reasonable and reflected the dive time we got. Daniel was great and showed us all we needed to know without spending hours and wasting our time on all the little training aspects. He was really friendly and knew what he was doing! Pointing out everything underwater and showing us after in a guide book everything we had seen!

We didn't actually get to say bye or thanks to him as we couldn't find him (so hopefully he reads this)!!

Really nice lady on the desk helped us sort everything we needed and they let us store our luggage for the day as we were getting the night boat!

Thanks again, would recommend highly! Has made us want to dive again!!

Amelia and Tom

1 Thank Millie H
GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
You are very welcome, and thank you for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts.

We're very happy you enjoyed your discovery dive experience, its the perfect way to experience our amazing coral reefs and marine life without having to commit to the full course - minimal classroom time and no homework!

I will make sure your thanks and comments get passed on to Daniel. You're right, he's a great instructor. I'm sure he'll be really pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with him so much.

Safe onward travels, we hope you will continue to dive throughout your trip, and hope to see you back here for your open water course sooner rather than later.
“A tornado of good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My trip to Thailand started out rather rocky, being told I couldn't dive because of an old injury I almost went home. Only I had stumbled across a company who did rock climbing so thought I would give this ago and decide where I headed from here, the company in question.....Goodtime Adventures!!!!

The people who work at this place are obviously doing something right, I believe it's there harmonious work life balance that helps them enjoy getting up and teaching the plethora of activity options on offer, will bend over backwards to help you achieve it and make the most of each trip.

I decided to stay on and do a Rock Master course, as they were so kind I opted to stay in the good time hotel also for the entire duration, despite them telling me there is cheaper alternatives based on length of time I was planning to stay (proof I was amongst good people). Amidst my stay I also decided to try The Flying Trapeze, I strongly recommend this, Gemma who runs this is a fantastic teacher! No matter what activity all the staff are very competent and both breaking things down and teach you at your own pace to ensure everyone is having fun and staying safe too.

I can honestly say as I wind up my 9th week on this island I wouldn't change a thing except for the dengue. And I have made some true friends for life as cliche as it sounds, if you want home away from home they have everything you need! Thanks too Charly and Tim the owners, and they're staff, Vigo, Bjorn, Daniel, Johnny, Chelsie, Linzi, Sara, Myo, Eddie, Steve, Nikki, Gemma, Kelli, some of who I didn't train/work with directly but still made this an unforgettable trip! May the passage of the monkey fist continue! X

Visited June 2014
GTAdventures, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Aw man, writing this makes me sad. Come back please, we miss you already!

Thanks for all of your amazing comments. You were such and amazing and passionate climber, and all round good guy. And generally just a pleasure to have around. It sucks that you were unable to dive, but we're so glad you stayed around for your rockmaster course and got to become part of our Goodtimes family.

We're also happy to tried your hand at the trapeze. You rocked it, good job! Although the feedback all round is that you were just a little too comfortable in those lycra leggings and tights ;) We're sure you will make it back to us again in the future, and when you do that monkey fist challenge is ready and waiting for you. Such a shame you didn't get to take part - damn dengue!

Big love until next time. Once a Goodtimer, always a Goodtimer!
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Amazing I Just Had to Go Back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited Koh Tao in March of 2014 and I was only on the island for four short days. I climbed and stayed the the hostel at Goodtimes. My experience was so positive that I had to go back from more fun in June of 2014. I decided that since I loved GTA so much, I would do my open-water certification with them. So I booked seven nights at the hostel and my SSI open water with them.

I stayed in the all girls dorm room and it is probably the cleanest dorm I have ever been in! I highly suggest it. It has aircon, hot showers and clean beds! Oh and there is wifi in the rooms. It was a total score!

The restaurant at GTA is also great! I ate at least one meal a day there. The cooks are Burmese and so there are a few wonderful Burmese dishes on the menu. I certainly suggest the Tea Leaf Salad. You wont be disappointed. It was tasty and was just like the ones I had eaten in Burma!

Since I booked alone, they tried to make sure that I had someone else in my classes with me. Another girl Theresa ended up going through her certification with me as well. Daniel was our dive instructor. He spent so much time working with us one-on-one to make sure we mastered each of the skills that we needed to do before we even go into the open water.

On day two, which was the first day of sea dives, I seriously struggled with some of the skills, not because I had not received proper training but because I was not comfortable at all in the water. Dan, helped me to calm down many times in the water. His "calming eyes" saved me. He made sure to always check on me whenever we were about to work on a new skill in the water.

He spent so much extra time helping me to make sure that I felt comfortable and that I was able to do each skill. At one point, I was not sure if I would even pass the course do to my uneasiness in the water. He helped me to calm down, time and time again and it is because of him that I now have my open water.

I am so grateful for the extra time that he spent with me to make sure that I was doing alright and that I knew I was safe in the water with him. If I had gone to any other dive shop on the island, I would not have gotten such one-on-one help and I know that I would not have left the island with my open-water cert. I am so thankful for Dan and all of the GTA crew for being such an amazing group of instructors!

After I had gotten my open water, I also did an afternoon of climbing with Eddie and Myo. I have done a bit of climbing before and it was my second time climbing with GTA. I have to say that they are so safe and these guides make the climbs a ton of fun. They make sure that you get to the top! Myo is very kind and a very experienced climber. He tells you exactly where to put your foot and gives you tons of verbal encouragement. Eddie is very personable and is a great climbing buddy, not to mention hilarious!

I would suggest that anyone who is looking for a great time and who is an active traveler, should hit up GTA on Koh Tao. I promise you wont be disappointed!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mhenning2007
Hello you! Wow, what a fantastic review, thanks so much for taking the time to give such detailed feedback. We really appreciate it.

Its great to get such amazing comments across all areas of our business. We're so happy that you came back to us, and enjoyed yourself just as much the second time as the first. We love it when people come back to us for more fun and adventure!

Congratulations on getting your Open Water licence, its great that you kept at it. You did a great job, well done. I'll make sure all of your compliments get passed on to Daniel. And I'm sure we'll be seeing you back here for your third round of Goodtimes in the future for your advanced course!

Thanks again, and safe travels & happy diving until we see you next. All the best from the whole team.