“I'd stay there again and again if I could”
Review of Khun Ying House

Khun Ying House
Ranked #25 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Collingwood, Canada
“I'd stay there again and again if I could”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Ryan, the owner, was amazing. He helped us book some day trips and came to our room to let us know our boat to Koh Phangan was cancelled and he would book it for another day. Our room was cleaned everyday so it was always tidy. So cheap but it doesn't feel like it. If I ever go back, it will be the only place I stay. We had an 8 person room and there were 6 of us traveling together, but the other 2 roommates ended up being amazing as well so it was a nice way to meet people.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oldham, Lancashire
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Nice little hostel with a great friendly atmosphere. Ryan the owner was great and informative, he let me check in early as it was available so I could dump my bag.
My dorm was clean and the dorm toilets/showers checked daily and replenished with plenty of toilet roll so no need to go begging at the desk. The toilets and showers weren't bad, they aren't the worst I've stayed in especially for the money and the walls were always dirt free and the floor was clean to say there were 8 of us.
Not in the thick of it but I prefer it that way but literally just a 90second walk until your in the centre of the village at 7eleven. There is currently building work going on as the previous post addresses but nothing ear plugs or a few nights on the beer can't fix.
I'd stay here again :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hostel is located right next door to a construction site where the workers commence as early as 8am and don't finish their day until 6pm. All you hear all day long is banging hammers and grinders. The construction site is in the early stages so I don't see this stopping any time soon. Also I am staying in a 8 dorm room where 80% of the people are having to deal with sore throats, I think it's due to the air con and the fact that the filters haven't been changed for some time. You have to take your shoes off and leave them outside, I woke up to mine stolen! The beds are hard, you'll wake up with a sore back. The sheets are far to thin to keep you warm at night. Overall terrible stay! Stay away!

• Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Such a friendly environment, a great place to meet others and the staff are lovely too. Really comfortable beds and enough personal space with lockers, personal plugs and cubby holes and the air con is a definite bonus. Would defo stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Deutschland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed at the hostel for 2 nights and it was great. The rooms are clean, each dorm has a own access to a bathroom which you only have to share with your roommates. The beach is 5 minutes walking distance and laundry around the corner. Ryan, the owner, is very friendly and helps you out if any problems have to be solved.
Have been there 3 days ago, just booked up again for NewYearsEve. Looking forward to it.
Like I said, great place to stay!!! And lovely island by the way :)
Low budget hostel at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were picked up at the ferry port and allowed into our dorm straight away. The dorm was a great size with big lockers. There was a great atmosphere and we met some lovely people although there's no common room as such so you were restricted to hanging out in the rooms. There were ensuite facilities for the dorms too. Staff also helped organise our onwards travel.
Only downsides were the hostel itself was slightly off the beaten track so you'd have to walk to the main strip and there were a few stray dogs in the area that sometimes followed you.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachael H
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The hostel is close to the beach and to the city center. The beds were good and clean, as well as the rest of the hostel (it's cleaned every day). Every dorm had 8 beds and every bed has it's own night stand with a plug. Two showers and toilets for every dorm, which is enough. You can rent a snorkel for free at the hostel. There is no common area yet, but the owner is working on it. You can chill in the dorm or the hallway. The free internet connecting works really good! I met really nice people here, which is nice when you travel alone.

Room Tip: I would take the dorm with a fan, because I don't like an a.c. It's also cheaper.