“4 day dive stay”

Sairee Cottage Resort
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Bungalow was very nice. Chose one nestled in the garden after reading noisy reviews about those located on the beach and it is clear how this would be an issue having seen the proximity of the busy street and restaurant. As it happens we were still woken at about 4am every morning by a screaming cockerel!

I'd say the process could be improved by better communication between the dive centre and the accommodation workers as it felt like they were two different companies.

Overall experience was very good and would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in an air conditioned cottage. It was great for what I needed steps from the beach and close to restaurants and bars. My parents stayed in the hotel part and their room was beautiful over looking the pool. The prices were fair, rooms cleans and staff very friendly. Wifi was only available at reception which was a bit of a pain. My only grumble at this resort was the cockerel that woke us up both morning starting at 3.50am one morning and 2am the next it was so noisey and continued for ages. The resort is not quiet and would not recommend for families with young children but for young couples or friends its perfect and I would return!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at one of the cottages, fan and double bed. It was all what we needed for the price, very down to earth amazing experience. The cottages were clean and the fan cooled us off more than sufficiently. The crew was extremely friendly. The sights were fantastic. I would do it all again, I can only recommend it to everyone looking for an eco-friendly, well priced location. Great for experiencing Thailand as it should be!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We rented some cottages without air conditioning (with a fan) and cold showers, which was perfect. It wasn't to warm to sleep, but warm enough to not mind the cold shower. The rooms are clean and spacious ans they get cleaned every 3 days once you are there. A couple of friends and I had our first diving experiences there, getting our Paddy. We had Sarah as our instructor, she was amazing. She was really patient, fun to hang out with and just gave you all the confidence you needed to do the course. I enjoyed my time there, and if I ever go back to Ko Tao, I would definitely consider going back to Sairee cottage.

Room Tip: We had a big debate whether we needed air conditioning or not... In my experience, you don't rea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were there for 4 nights, it was amazing. We were travelling with 4 Thais including me and my Canadian friend in the 'new wing' and were all more than happy. The restaurant nearby; the one right oppersite the resort's reception, serves a really delicious and authentic Thai food *TIP* order a 'noname', I will leave the surprises for you. The 'new wing' we stayed at is (obviously) new(er) than most of the resorts nearby with and outside mattress were you can just lay down and read your favorite book and forget the world (one of a few places, if not only, that provided this). There's a coffee shop right on the corner and all the bakeries and pastries were 'homemade' by the resort themselves. The rooms got a big windows and you can pretty much see whats going on (and they can see you!) if you choose to leave the curtain open. When I was there there were two nights that some random rooster started singing the 'song of its people' at 4am!! It was very loud and went on for a while for both nights. The resort owns some dogs: an old golden retriever 'Pocca' who might drink from the pool now and then, and two twin dogs 'Dhue' and 'Dhon' that always sleep on the sunbed. If you like dogs you are going to love them like I did! If you don't then you will find their presence rather disturbing (but do keep in mind that there are dogs almost everywhere on the island, many are stray dogs). Overall we fell in love with the place (and I don't fell in love often especially as a Thai going to pretty much the for foreign tourists) Will definitely go back there!!

Room Tip: If you stay on the upper floor be careful because the roof is made from wood (very spacey), sometime...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaneth25341
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I arrived here with no reservation and the friendly staff was very helpful in setting us up with 2 beach cottages, equipped with hammocks. Nice rooms and clean, however the noise level at 3am was awful. Managed only two nights listening to the drunk party crews leaving the bars, and was disturbed by motorcycle noise as well, all night. Very difficult to sleep. The garden bungalows are much better for noise levels and still close to the beach. The friendly staff was wonderful and had no problem moving us to a open room.

Room Tip: Garden bungalows before the beach bungalows, unless u sleep like a rock.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Geoff_Bra
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Sairee cottage resort for over two weeks in June where I completed my OW & AOW. I had the most amazing time, big high five to my instructors Rachel & Jessie you were so supportive patient & gave me the confidence to complete the courses. All the dive crew are highly qualified & safety is always a priority. Also guys ye all have a great sense of humour & a good sense of fun. Will definitely try in my future travels in SE Asia to make a return visit to Koh Tao & Sairee Cottages. Sairee Cottages dive resort had been recommended to me by word of mouth as having the best reputation for highly skilled instructors & safety and the resort exceeded all my expectations. Keep up the good work guys & thanks for giving me a new lifeskill.

• Stayed: June 2013