“Great budget accommodation! AMAZING ISLAND!”

Sairee Cottage Resort
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Great budget place to stay. Although we weren't directly on the beach, it was literally 10 seconds away from the bungalow! One tip I'd say, the bucket you get in the bathroom, remember to fill it before you go to bed because the water is turned off through the night which we didn't realise on our first night! Koh Tao is an amazing island....wish we'd stayed longer!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeckyHaynes86

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I greatly enjoyed my time on Koh Tao diving with Sairee Cottage, the location is great with loads of cheap, authentic and more touristy restaurants near by, a long beautiful beach right on your doorstep and the best dive school I've ever encountered. However there are a few things that I believe could be done to make this accomodation even better!

The location seems perfect, being right by the beach and connected to a dive school and these factors are brilliant. I chose a garden bungalow after reading reviews about the beach road being noisy and was glad with this decision upon arrival. However, don't expect a good night's sleep here either! The cockerels are so loud and seem to start before the sun has even risen! We were in the yellow room further from the beach and they were directly behind us by the pool so the poolside guests are probably woken in the same way.

The accomodation is good value especially with a diving discount, however communication between the accomodation, diving and the restaurant seems lacking. It took a little while to check in and involved going back and forth between reception and the dive center to fill in necessary forms - bear this in mind if you are starting a PADI course at 4pm... you will need to arrive quite a bit in advance! The restaurant is also open at times that do not seem to suit divers that well, for example they wouldn't serve pizza til 1pm and this meant you couldn't eat that in between morning and afternoon dives. Not too much of a problem as there are loads of restaurants only a 5 minute walk away! We were also asked to check out at 11AM, however had to finish a PADI course that morning and therefore went diving at 7AM, when the reception is closed! It didn't seem to be a problem on return but I just think they could work to blend the whole complex together a bit more.

The swimming pool is small and often using in diving courses, I think the use was supposed to be only for poolside accomodation however this isn't enforced at the moment.

We did have a fantastic time on Koh Tao and the dive school here is absolutely brilliant! I would still recommend Sairee cottage despite the annoyances we faced as other elements easily make up for them.

Room Tip: Cockerels will wake you up in the garden rooms
1  Thank travellovingteacher
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed for two nights in a cottage with a fan. It was fun. The price was great and we had everything we needed in the room, except for a fridge. There is a toilet and a shower with only cold water (but it is not that cold and is actually refreshing after a hot day in the sun). There was a little balcony so we could sit outside. The staff was great, and there are always people working everywhere. The grounds are so clean and well taken care of. It is in a great location and it was fun staying there.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Bungalow was very nice. Chose one nestled in the garden after reading noisy reviews about those located on the beach and it is clear how this would be an issue having seen the proximity of the busy street and restaurant. As it happens we were still woken at about 4am every morning by a screaming cockerel!

I'd say the process could be improved by better communication between the dive centre and the accommodation workers as it felt like they were two different companies.

Overall experience was very good and would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in an air conditioned cottage. It was great for what I needed steps from the beach and close to restaurants and bars. My parents stayed in the hotel part and their room was beautiful over looking the pool. The prices were fair, rooms cleans and staff very friendly. Wifi was only available at reception which was a bit of a pain. My only grumble at this resort was the cockerel that woke us up both morning starting at 3.50am one morning and 2am the next it was so noisey and continued for ages. The resort is not quiet and would not recommend for families with young children but for young couples or friends its perfect and I would return!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at one of the cottages, fan and double bed. It was all what we needed for the price, very down to earth amazing experience. The cottages were clean and the fan cooled us off more than sufficiently. The crew was extremely friendly. The sights were fantastic. I would do it all again, I can only recommend it to everyone looking for an eco-friendly, well priced location. Great for experiencing Thailand as it should be!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We rented some cottages without air conditioning (with a fan) and cold showers, which was perfect. It wasn't to warm to sleep, but warm enough to not mind the cold shower. The rooms are clean and spacious ans they get cleaned every 3 days once you are there. A couple of friends and I had our first diving experiences there, getting our Paddy. We had Sarah as our instructor, she was amazing. She was really patient, fun to hang out with and just gave you all the confidence you needed to do the course. I enjoyed my time there, and if I ever go back to Ko Tao, I would definitely consider going back to Sairee cottage.

Room Tip: We had a big debate whether we needed air conditioning or not... In my experience, you don't rea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends