Sairee Cottage Resort
US$398
  • Breakfast included
US$176
US$82
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$72
US$64
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$47
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$209
US$196
Travelocity
US$70
US$65
US$109
US$90
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$26
All reviewspoolside roompurple roomthe cottagesdiving schoolswim up barbasic bungalowopen water coursedive shopfun divesdive packagegreat divingpool sidediving coursedive staffper nightbeach hutfantastic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 6 nights in bungalow, and it was just great. The resort is located just outside the main party street so you can sleep quiet away from all the noise. Our instructor Neil was the best and with an awesome group we had a great experience!

Room Tip: If you go for the more expensive bungalows you might get a bit softer bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The room was great. nothing fancy but great for the price. Perfectly located. its central to all the bars,restaurants, and shops but off to the side so that its quiet at night. My wife and I checked in and didnt put on shoes for 3 days. the dive shop is the best!! we took our advanced open water course there. Our instructor, Amanda, was the coolest!! (and easy on the eyes, sorry, i dont mean to be creepy but she was cute, sue me.) She was super helpful and made us feel comfortable and safe on all the dives while also teaching us a ton of stuff. The other dive instructors were a blast! after we completed out course there was a raucous night out with all the instructors and students. super fun! dont let any of them convince you to drink the "Carpet Bomb", though. deadly stuff. All the staff were very helpful. I can not recommend this place enough!!! we will be returning!

Room Tip: the blue cottage was just right for two people. get the ac.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed in Sairee Cottage for 15 days, a nice place to stay on Koh Tao, probably even the best in my opinion. Started with a try-dive on which David T was my instructor. He did a great job, as I took the Open Water course after that experience. OW was given by Nat, and Lionel of course, both great guys.
The cabin we had was great and clean, had everything we needed. Staff is very helpful and you can even drink a beer or a local cocktail with them at night. I recommend this place to everybody and I'll definitely come back here for my advanced diving certificate and meeting great people again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was an excellent resort but didn't receive such a review due to its downfalls.

I stayed with my boyfriend in the a/c poolside room. My parents stayed in the room next door. The walls between the rooms are so thin that I could here my parents having a conversation at normal speaking levels. I could also hear the people on the other side of us. WIFI doesn't work all the time (cuts off around 10pm till the morning). Although it didn't bother me the noise from the path outside is very loud. Extra info: When at the pool food and drinks from their restaurant cannot get charged to your room.

Other than this the resort is beautiful and there is a buffet breakfast at the place next door (20m away). The rooms are clean and staff is more than helpful! :)

Room Tip: Get the poolrooms at the back (less noise)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights over New Year whilst doing our open water PADI. We had to have one of the white rooms by the poolside as all the bungalows were fully booked except for the most basic free ones with no air con. The poolside rooms were quite pricey - around £40 per night with a dive discount (breakfast not included.)

The positives:
Room was comfortable if on the small side, comfy bed, TV (not that we watched it!) and a fridge with complementary water each morning.
Location central on Sairee beach, everything you need in very easy walking distance.
We found the food at Sairee Cottage restaurant good, service was slow but this was the case everywhere on Koh Tao - it's just a chilled place! Nice place to hang out and watch the sunset over the beach.

The negatives:
Room didn't get cleaned or even swept the whole time we were there (nearly a week!), no fresh towels and no safe. We wouldn't expect the room to be cleaned every day necessarily, but being a beach resort sand gets everywhere and a mid-stay clean would have made a big difference.
The central location means you get a lot of noise - motorbikes, people out drinking, and a staff cockrel that roams the resort and woke us up at 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am... every single morning!!!

The affiliated dive school and instructors were great, although neither of us were able to finish the PADI course (I'd recommend doing a fun dive or at least a pool dive before committing to the PADI if you're nervous). We loved Koh Tao and Sairee beach, and will definitely be back, but I doubt we would stay at Sairee Cottage again and I wouldn't recommend staying there unless you're diving with them. If you do stay, try and get a bungalow as these are better value for money.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms aren't worth the extra money - get a bungalow if you can!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple