Sairee Cottage Resort
US$81
US$63
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$39
US$53
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$44
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$23
Agoda.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotels.com
US$133
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$155
US$128
US$144
US$137
US$133
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspoolside roompurple roomdive schoolthe cottagesopen waterbasic bungalowswim up bardive shopfun divesgreat divingpool sidedive packagediving coursedive staffper nightbeach hutdiving instructor
Reviewed 10 August 2014

These bungalows, we were told, were reserved for people diving, but on the 2nd night, 2 groups of lads (6 or7) rented out the bungalows either side of us. At night the party started, the 4 of us kept up until past sunrise, as people arriving banged on our bungalows, shouted and sang(no security??) My mum was terrified people would be able to get in. It was not the ideal nights sleep when we had to be up at 6am for diving. Reception offered no apology but said they had received numerous complaints of 30 people being in and around the bungalow, assured us they were checking out. When we arrived back in the afternoon, they were still there, having just checked in under a different name. Same the next night.
Do not pay extra for a purple room if you want to sleep, get one away from the road, disappointed with the receptions staffs handling of it all.
Positives? Baz the diving instructor was fantastic, and I'd say the restaurant attached was the best we ate at. Highly recommend them both.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Eduardo O
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend, his parents and myself all stayed here for a week in 2 of the purple bungalows on the beachfront, my boyfriend and I booked in for a diving course and his parents to simply chill and relax by the beach.

Firstly, the rooms were beautiful. They're spacious and clean
With hot water, ac, fridge and tv included and they have balconies with hammocks right on the beach. Wonderful right... Except for the fact that the front of them are literally on the main street and the noise throughout the night is horrendous. The noise of people screaming, shouting, talking, scooters, staff in the mornings, the cockerel, everything. This was extremely frustrating as we had to be up at 5:30/6am for the diving and would never get a good nights sleep. Added to this was the fact that 2 bungalows either side of us were rented to a large party of Irish lads fresh from the full moon party who were not diving and spent one night having a huge party with around 30 people in the bungalow and continuously knocking my boyfriends parents door. There was no security or staff around at night so they continued the party until the early hours. When we complained to reception about the noise and asked why so many people were allowed in one bungalow we were told that they had received many complaints and the lads were being chucked out. This didn't happen and the noise, although a little quieter, continued until they left 2 days later. This wasn't great for our diving experience as we were tired everyday and woke up stressed.

As for the diving this place would get the full five stars. I was so nervous as I don't like water but decided to do the open water diving as a bucket list type thing before my 30th this summer. It was worth it. Barry, our instructor, was just incredible. He was patient and extremely professional, and made me feel I could do anything with him at my side. Never in a million years would I have seen myself almost 20 meters down in the ocean but thanks to Barry I'm now looking at doing my advanced course!

As others have already mentioned, the cafe is good but slow so get there in plenty of time if your doing a course.

The restaurant is amazing too. Great service, great BBQ and boss smoothies, all with a view of the ocean.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would definitely recommend but I would say book a room away from the path, as far away as possible!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank minimeanderer
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We ended up staying in the upstairs pool suite room for 5 nights while I was staying in Koh Tao this month. We booked one night stay elsewhere in Koh Tao for our first night on the island and then wondered around Sairee beach to look at possible rooms to stay for the rest of the week. The room was great - very clean, a lot of space, good shower and a great, clean pool! However none of the rooms in the hotel have safe's which is strange for Thailand - they do offer you the option to leave it in a safe at reception however it is only open until early evening. Another issue we had was these rooms are definitely not sound proofed - you can hear your neighbours quite clearly! Also there is a cockeral that lives on the property so we had a daily wake up call every 20 minutes onwards from 6am .... luckily we weren't planning on sleeping late! Overall I would recommend Sairee Cottage - maybe get a room further back from the beach! The coffee served at the Butter Cafe is also great - even if a little slow to be served!

Room Tip: Pool suites have access to the better pool - and free wifi in the rooms. A little noisy though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights during a visit to the turtle island.

I previously lived on Koh Tao for 6 months. I can tell you that the location of this place is great.

The dive shop is one of the best on the island.

The rooms are comfortable, and you have everything you need really.

It sounds like the perfect place to crash, however the staff are insistent on sprinkling their own kind of arrogance and rudeness over the paying guest's experience. For me, they have set the benchmark for being the most painful and aggressive I've dealt with during my years travelling through South East Asia.

Now would be a good time to mention that they have thoughtfully placed cockerels right beside the rooms to give you that hideously relentless 6-10am wake up call you always dreamed of having during your holiday.

This is my first review. Ever. I usually let bad experiences go and move on. But not even all of the banana and coconut shakes in Thailand could sway me to stay here again and be treated the way my friends and I were.

Stay elsewhere and give your dollar to someone who shows even the slightest of kind hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I wanted to write a review, I was staying in SR16 and my friends in OB1 from 16th July until 21st July. We had a brilliant time and Koh Tao is stunning. I would like to thank the staff who couldnt be more helpful when our bags got stolen on a night out, you were so friendly and it meant that we could quickly sort things out and get on with enjoying our stay with you.
Beautiful accommodation, I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone. I have also left a review for Sairee Diving, excellent, excellent time! We will be back.
Claire, Karen and Joseph.

Room Tip: The huts on the poolside and on the beach are lovely, next time I go I will be staying in a beach hut.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends