“Perfection!”

The Place Luxury Boutique Villas
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The Place was by far the best place we stayed in Thailand - Guy and Bex have created the perfect hideaway. The outlook was breathtaking, and it struck the right balance between feeling completely private & secluded without feeling like we were too far away from the action (the main town is about a 15 minute walk away). We didn't have the best weather but there was still plenty to do in the villa as the hard drive was packed to the brim with movies and TV series and we could still duck out into our private pool for a swim (oh and we ordered pizza in a few times from the menus in the villa, which was delicious!). Guy even downloaded a TV series for us by request! I'm not sure what else to say except that this is a truly wonderful place, and I can't fault a thing.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

the place koh tao delivers all tht it promises and
more. lovely service from guy & bex. unbelievably gorgeous villa & views. throughly deserves all the high praises from other reviewers on trip advisor. only regret that we have is not staying for longer. a must stay place for anyone looking for a bit of relax & leisure on koh tao.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at The Place for the last 3 days of our Thai trip. Having read all of the reviews on trip advisor my expectations were pretty high, yet The Place exceeded even these.
Guy and Bex have made real their own vision of the perfect holiday hideout. The Place provides down to earth luxury, scenery, privacy, and a personal touch which immediately makes you feel at home. We do hope to return.

Bravo!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Amazing stay, too bad I didn't book earlier and could get only 2 nights. The entire room decor was fabulous, tasteful and not overboard. Loved Bex and Guy's attention to detail- every small thing had been taken care of- including little torches attached to your key ( As the road can be dark at times) Absolute privacy guaranteed. Fantastic collection of movies- carefully assorted by Guy. The restroom decor was fabulous- with so much natural lighting and pebbles and plants. the bed, the sofa, the lounger- everything is awfully comfortable- you'd never want to get out.

Room Tip: Villa 1 is a little more secluded and placed further inside than villa 2- which is overlooking the c...
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Place for two nights in January 2012 and can't speak highly enough of this secluded island retreat. If privacy, comfort and style are what you seek then this is the place for you, 5/5!
Andy

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We have just got back from a 2 week trip to Koh Samui and Koh Tao and stayed at The Place for 6 days during this. It was my fifth visit to Thailand, but first visit to Koh Tao and my boyfriends first visit to Thailand. It is now in my top 5 places to go. My sister had been the year before and recommended The Place to me. Looking back on it we wish we had just stayed at The Place for the whole two weeks. Guy and Bex are fantastic, there is literally nothing they can't organise for you. From booking our boat for us, picking us up with their taxi driver Mr Bear, the welcome pack, the movies, massages, private speed boat trips, diving, I could go on and on. The bungalows are perfect, beautifully done and luxurious, we had one rainy day and it was a pleasure to curl up with some beers and several films! It is unbelieveably quiet and peaceful, relaxing by your own pool, with the best view I have had anywhere I've stayed. I don't know what more we can say, there is nothing negative about The Place or Sairee. Koh Tao was far less hectic (and sleasy...) than other bits of Thailand I have been too, we loved it. Can't believe I haven't been before. Our boat trip from Koh Samui was absolutely fine, and I am not good with boats. I have stayed in 5 star resorts before and did immediately afterwards back in Samui and The Place was better, if there hadn't been people arriving the day we left, we would have asked to stay longer. I have never recommended a place to other people as much as this one. Guy and Bex, don't change a thing, we will definitely be back!

3  Thank Holly B
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Just finished a fantastic 2 night stay at The Place, and we are wistful that we couldn't stay longer. The villas are absolutely beautiful, private and thoughtfully appointed...but that's only a fraction of what makes The Place so special.

The owners, Guy and Bex, have "it" nailed down. First and foremost, they are two of the most kind and pleasant people I've encountered in the hospitality business in all my years of travel. From the reservation process, to personally meeting us at ferry arrival, to taxi and laundry service, and a loaner cell phone- they have thought of everything necessary to make your time on Koh Tao essentially effortless. In addition, they went above and beyond during the course of our stay, assisting us with a few personal/specific items that needed some local help.

As a frequent traveler who typically stays in high-end properties with status and upgrade perks, it was truly a pleasure and a breath of fresh air to stay in a stunning smaller property with such personal attention to service and detail.

5  Thank Kristin B