When on our honeymoon last month we stayed at 3 different resorts and villas. However, when we are asked ‘how was honeymoon’ the only place my husband and I did not stop raving about was The Place!
There is not much that can be said about these sensational paradise villas that hasn’t been said in previous reviews but I will try my best to list all the wonderful things about it –
* Privacy – We were not interested in the party scene of Thailand but still have easy access to the shops and restaurants. The Place is a 10minute stroll down hill into town and a quick 200bhat taxi ride back (We tried walking up the hill once, that was enough!).
There are only 5 villas – a max of 10 people staying at any time! We barely saw two guests and that was fine by us!
* Private infinity pool – absolutely sensational! It is not just the size of a bathtub; it has a great depth, width and length.
Guy, Bex and Franzi respect that you might just want to be on your own so they give you a mobile to contact them whenever you need questions answered or your villa to be made up. The pool has a self cleaning system so no one needs to come in and disturb you.
* Scenery – The Place is situated at the top of a hill which is a struggle to walk but as soon as you enter your villa it makes it all worth while. The ocean views, abundance of coconut trees and dense greenery is just breathtaking. We rarely left our villa and just looked out to the view!
* Dining – during our stay there was no in house dining BUT there were menus from restaurants in town that free delivered. Bex and Franzi gave their recommendations and all the food we ordered was delicious. We simply used our resort mobile to order. If you want to cook yourself the villas have a kitchenette with all the cooking utensils you need – just go shopping at the 4P supermarket in town!
* Drinking water – my husband loved this! The kitchen has a standard tap but also a filtered drinking tap. This was very refreshing after constantly having to buy bottled water.
* In house entertainment – There is a flat screen in the room but it has no television channels so we were oblivious to world news for 5 days – wonderful! If you do want to catch up on current affairs you can always use the free wifi on your phone which was a good speed. Guy’s pride and joy is the media hard drive he compiled that contains over 1500 movies and television shows from Eddie Murphy’s Delirious to Cinema Paradiso.
All in all we felt the place was just perfect and we still talk about it every day!
If you’re jealous reading this, don’t waste any time and book with The Place now! We cannot wait to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Place consists of nine luxury boutique villas, all with private infinity pools, that offer you total privacy and complete relaxation. The resort nestles charmingly in the hills above Sairee, close enough to be convenient for restaurants, bars, shops and the longest beach on the island, but far enough away to savour the tranquillity and refreshing breeze that comes with being in the hills. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Place Luxury Boutique Villas Hotel Koh Tao