“Professional, friendly and fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Master Divers
Ranked #2 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master Divers is a small, professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of PADI scuba diving courses and experience programmes. Guided snorkelling trips, UV night diving and UV snorkelling are also available here. Master Divers has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. They guarantee small groups and offer private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional, friendly and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Awesome week with Master Divers in Ko Tao, so much to see and every dive was made different in some way. Really professional when I encountered problems and facilitated the week to the interests and desires of the group. Amazing instructor meant we were sad to leave at the end of the week! Booking, payment etc felt efficient and easy.

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review! I'm happy that you enjoyed your time diving with us!

• Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Amazing team, amazing facilities, amazing dives, amazing instructors! Cant wait to go back for some more fun with this team!

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Amazing ! Thanks for leaving an amazing review ! See you soon !
Singapore, Singapore
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Top notch! Safety first, always.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did a Open Water PADI course with Master Divers in June 2014. I was happy that I managed to find a school which was able to address and allay any diving related fears I had (and trust me, I have more fears than the average person).

They were extremely detailed in explaining the procedures, the reason behind each required action/practice which is something I really appreciate. The instructors were fun, helpful and very knowledgeable in every single aspect and always always always ensuring I was doing fine every step of the way before proceeding to the next step/lesson/dive. They conducted more than just the mandatory safety checks performed in Singapore/Malaysian waters for OW courses and ensure that the proper buddy check is done before any diver goes down into the water, which is something (I heard) most divers have never taken (or even known it to be) as seriously as Master Divers, even those who have spent 15 years of their life diving.

Casey was my OW instructor and patiently addressed my issues and paranoia about diving, I was also the only person in the class and had her undivided attention, together with Rob the Dive Master Trainee. This meant I had two people watch me while I was on the first four dives which certified me as a OW Diver. Loved it!

They also have a service where an underwater photographer takes photos of you during your 3rd and 4th dive, as memorabilia of your OW course. Great idea! But the ala carte photos are slightly pricey though, unless you purchase the entire package.

Prior to my visit, Ayesha communicated with us every step of the way, providing advice, help, and even helped me plan a birthday surprise for my friend at Ananda Villas where we stayed and pointed me to the right person to make a customized birthday cake! When we arrived, Natalia (reception) helped recommend us great places to eat in Mae Haad and Sairee. She also played the part of 'secret agent' pretty well, being extremely discreet about the cake deposit she was helping to collect from me by diverting my friend's attention elsewhere while she spoke to me about it in private. There was some pretty awesome acting going on then.

Master Divers has amazing service and safety standards together with a great team of instructors / staff. I will highly recommend it to everyone, particularly if you don't want sub standard teaching on your diving course.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank xxgwennnxx
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review, it was great fun being involved in the birthday surprise and I'm so happy she enjoyed it too! I'm happy that you had fun on your course and we really hope that you come to see us again!
“Excellent Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I did my Padi Open Water and Advanced SSI last summer and had the best experience. The dive masters/instructors and the office staff were all fantastic :) thanks!

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review!
“Top Shelf Experience -- Professional, Knowledgeable, and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Master Divers while backpacking in SEA. Both of us were keen to try scuba diving, though nervous about who to choose (especially with regards to safety).

We chose Master Divers as it was listed as the top place on Trip Advisor. It proved to be a great decision for a number of reasons:

Reasons why Master Divers is a Top Shelf Scuba School:

1) Small group sizes -- my gf and I had our private instructor for the entire length of the course. Being in such a small, personal group freed us to ask questions and for our instructor to tailor the pace/ content of the course to our specific needs. e.g., I had trouble at first clearing my mask when underwater. Out instructor worked with me step-by-step to teach me the proper mask clearing technique. With a larger group, unless the instructor was especially perceptive and patient, I would likely have been left to my own devices.

2) Strong instructors -- while all dive schools have certified instructors, not all instructors are made equally. Master Divers instructors all had a tremendous amount of experience (well above and beyond the requirements by SSI/ PADI). Furthermore, Master Divers is focused on delivering an exceptional LEARNING experience, hiring instructors that are good teachers and not just good divers. At other dive schools, from what we heard, most instructors are just 'dive junkies' who are instructors simply for the sake of getting discounts of dive gear/ air/ etc. Master Divers instructors may enjoy diving, but are also committed professionals to your development as a junior diver

3) Gear / location -- one of our biggest hesitancies in scuba diving in Thailand was the maintenance and security of the equipment. A few glances at other schools quickly makes it clear that some do not maintain their gear (e.g., ratty wet suits, scratched/ old looking air tanks, patchwork boats). Master divers uses (by-and-large) new equipment that is maintained by a dedicated servicing crew. I cannot emphasize enough how much peace of mind it gives you having new, clean, and well-maintained equipment when you are a student diver

Overall, Master Divers was an exceptional experience that I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for their PASI/ SSI certification. While more expensive than some school, this is truly a situation in which you get what you pay for (and then some).

Happy diving!

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review! Your first point is precisely the reason that we keep our group sizes small. We take care selecting our team so that we offer the standard of tuition that you have experienced. We do take care of our gear and facilities as we know it's important for safety and a great experience too. There are cheaper options out there but we like to ensure we maintain these very high standards and we can't do that if we offer discounts. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!