“Amazing!”

Master Divers
Ranked #2 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master Divers is a small, professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of PADI scuba diving courses and experience programmes. Guided snorkelling trips, UV night diving and UV snorkelling are also available here. Master Divers has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. They guarantee small groups and offer private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I came to trip advisor to find a company to learn diving from and I picked this one for their class size. I got my open water certificate from them in May and can't imagine having a lot of people in a class. From the moment I arrived till I left, I was impressed with how this company ran themselves and looked after me. I had issues equalizing and because we had a small class and two instructors, one was able to stay with me until I could equalize. I doubt you would get such great service from a larger school with many students in a class. They also put any doubt and worries I had about getting my open water to rest and made me feel very comfortable. My instructors, Elena and Tom were amazing teachers and very patient and the equipment was in good condition.

I would highly recommend Master Divers and when I come back to Thailand I will only be diving with them, because they simply are the best!!

Visited May 2014
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a great review ! We do hope to see you again !

• Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Master of divers!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my brother haven been there for some days! My bro did the open water and I did the advanced! I can just highly recommend master diver. Everything was great and so easy going! The places they took us to dive were amazing, and our instructors (Danny & Amanda) were just perfect & so friendly! As they didnt had so many students, we both had like a private course, what was absolutely great!

Would defently go there again, thank you master divers! ;)

Cheers Lukas & Oliver

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review ! Pleased you enjoyed your time with us !
Berlin, Germany
“Excellent dive center”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

In 2012 I did the rescue course with Master Divers and started the Divemaster course after that and finished it in 2013. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they are highly professional teachers. They want the students to learn diving properly and one of their main concern is safety. Also the proper treatment of the environment is very important for them and thus they educate the divers in this regard.

The equipment is very good maintained and if someone wishes to widen the knowledge of diving (like gas blending for example) Master Divers is the right address. I am looking forward to coming back soon and to improve my diving skills with them.

Thanks for all!

Yens

Visited August 2013
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review !
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC DIVING EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After reading a lot of reviews on tripadvisor, we've decided to go to Master Divers for our OW certificate. I was a bit scared and to be honesty, my first learning intention was because that I would like to dive with my husband in the future, who is really into dive after a diving experience in Maldives, but myself, I'm not that into diving yet. But after 4 days of OW course and 5 dives I feel that I'm already in love with diving myself too!

Special thanks to our instructors Tomo and Megan, who are really nice, patient, responsible, and helpful. They helped me overcome the fear and I can't believe that I can take my mask off underwater, considering I was so afraid of jumping into the sea at first. And as a small group we get along pretty well.

If you are considering diving center in Koh Tao, there are like 50 of them. But MD is surely the best, they provide smaller group, for us we had two instructors and only three students! It's especially important because diving is not easy at first there are many risks involved, having a smaller group is safer for yourself too. And they provide the best learning experience, for us, even though our course was suppose to end in three and half days, our instructors gave us an extra dive for free so that we may get more excise and get used to dive, and we enjoyed another fun dive, so for the open water, we had 5 open water dives in total. The instructors are really responsible and they want you to actually learn and enjoy diving.

I wish I could stay longer but I guess we'll have to find another time to go back to Koh Tao and I wish you may still remember me by then! =]
Best lucks to you, Tomo and Megan, enjoy your life! Hope to see you guys again!

Hailey & Chuck

Visited July 2014
1 Thank xmisshysx
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks for relating your experience ! Learning to dive is an amazing experience and its great to take you from jumping off the boat and developing your skills through to being comfortable to take your mask off underwater. Your comfort is integral to your enjoyment. We certainly hope you keep diving and enjoy some awesome experiences together. Maybe we see you here in the future again too !
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Not a bad option but there are better places...”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I did three fun dives with Master Divers. While they were competent and well-run, they weren't nearly as fun as another top-rated dive shop on Koh Tao where I did my open water and advanced certifications. I had three friends who did their open water certification with Master Divers and they came away satisfied with the course but without an enthusiasm for diving. At the other shop, I felt that I came away both competently trained and with a desire to dive a whole lot more (which I did).

Visited July 2014
1 Thank gregtakayama
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for leaving a review ! Im happy that both you and your friends were satisfied diving with us. We do take care with what we do as we take everyones safety seriously yet its important to ensure everyones fun and enjoyment too. Im sorry that we weren't fun ! Maybe if there is something specific you can mail us so that we can properly address it, the only way we can improve is with feedback.

Each persons desire to dive again or continue diving is quite personal as to weather they liked the experience and want to repeat it and learn more. Some people are simply happy that they did it once but have no desire to go further and dont 'catch the bug'. Its similar to sky diving or bungee jumping in that respect.However you do have to try it to find out!