We visited the Bamboo Huts for 3 nights in Jan 2013 with our 6 year old daughter. We piled in the same room which was a little cosy (though you can get bigger huts than BB4) but we hardly spent any time in there as we were too busy eating, swimming, snorkelling, kayaking & sunbathing. The resort is part of Charm Churee Village and the resorts share a private beach, Jansom Bay which is stunning. Great beachside bar/restaurant with good service. Food was pretty good with the buffet breakfast of a good standard and evening meals at the Starlight Restaurant great fun. Wonderful sunsets, very good service and a nice choice of Thai meals. Couple of tips:
- If you don't like walking or have mobility issues, Bamboo Huts may not suit you
- Scared of animals or wildlife? You may struggle here, as there are geckos, water monitors, crabs, fish, lizards, bugs etc around - we really enjoyed spotting all the different animals, great fun!
- bathroom is semi outdoor, we loved it however others may not
- very suitable for children, but personally I feel not for the under 3's
- there isn't a resort pool but you can get a hut with a private pool
All in all we had a great stay, beautiful place, wonderful staff and something a little different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A low-impact, eco-friendly, natural-oriented resort right on the cliff. All rooms are sunset unobstructed seaview. Some of the rooms come with private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koh Tao Bamboo Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Tao Bamboo Huts Hotel Koh Tao