“Choose another company!”
Review of DJL Diving

DJL Diving
Ranked #13 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Davy Jones Locker (DJL) Diving is a 5 Star PADI CDC Resort located in Sairee Koh Tao, we offer scuba diving courses for every level of experience from beginners 'Discover Scuba Diving' Experiences and PADI Open Water courses right through to Instructor and Staff Instructor courses. We offer 'zero to hero' style Divemaster internships for those wishing to fast-track to PADI Pro level. We do also offer a wide range of Technical and Wreck Diving courses for more advanced divers as well as Power Boat Handling and Underwater Videography courses. DJL has a swimming pool, bar & restaurant along with a wide range of accommodation for all diving customers.
Oslo, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Choose another company!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I got my Open Water Diving Certificate with DJL and was very disappointed in the details of the diving school. We had expected decent meals provided by DJL - it says on the description that meals for 500 Baht are provided each day, but they don't inform you that all meals come in exchange for vouchers that are valid at only ONE single bar (DJL Pool Bar, of course), and that you can only choose from HALF of the menu - the entire western part of the menu is excluded. The diving instructors are also very inaccessible for the diving students after diving-hours and keep very much to themselves and the other instructors, so you are basically stuck eating three limited meals a day in a place with very little social contact. This excluded feeling might have been less prominent if there had been any other students in our diving group, but it was unfortunately only I and my boyfriend in our group. To be fair, our diving instructor was a great guy and very competent, the accommodation was very good and the location was absolutely beautiful (!), but the feeling of being limited for a week to a single restaurant (read "BAR") where we felt like we didn't belong, is what makes me recommend choosing another company at Koh Tao.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Myra H

Koh tao
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was awesome !!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Completed my open water course here recently ! Friendly instructor , great atmosphere :) will stay and do my advanced open water with them. Would definitely recommend this Company.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Samwales07
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super first diving experience!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I did my open water certification with DJL and loved it! Our instructors, Chris and James, were super. Clearly very knowledgable and experienced guys with a great sense of humour. I felt at ease and due to their easy-going nature had so much fun whilst learning loads. Would definitely recommend DJL!

1 Thank Larisa B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a great experience...highly recomended!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Chris and James were great instructors and I have to say, we were very well received and had heaps of fun! The learning, the dive sights, the accomodation, the bar and all the staff at DJL were all top class and the whole experience was well worth every penny. Get Rose to do your video... Its amazing and well worth it!!!! DJL you rocked my vacation!Marli

Visited April 2014
1 Thank marlipotas
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic dive school :)”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Chose davy jones for its great reputation and welcoming family like feel ... everybody hangs out at the pool bar and you get to know everyone really quick! The quality of teaching is top notch - I had sophie for my open water, advanced and rescue, with alex for my emergency first response.. sophie was so friendly and made you feel really confortable! The dive sites around the island are stunning! Highly recommend davy jones :)