We (my boyfriend and I) treated ourselves to this hotel whilst on a three week trip around Thailand. We expected it to be a touch of luxury but were very disappointed, for the following reasons;
1. We organised to be picked up at the ferry port in advance but we couldn't locate the pick up on arrival. We asked various locals at the port had they seen the pick up, whilst doing so my boyfriend saw the transport jeep drive up the hill without us. We waited 20 mins expecting them to come back for us but were left stranded. We had to get a taxi to the resort at the cost of 300baht. The manager apologised for the mix up on arrival and offered us complimentary cocktails at the pool. However on check out my boyfriend noticed these had been included in our bill and were only deducted when my boyfriend brought it to the attention of the manager.
2. We booked a budget room in advance and were very disappointed with it considering the cost. The room was very dark with no natural light. The bed had small bugs crawling on it, probably due to the lack of light in the room. The bathroom had a shower with no shower basin but was instead a wet room. We were so disappointed with the room that we paid double the price and upgraded to room number 16 overlooking the pool with a beautiful sea view. The room was small but bright and the view was gorgeous. I recommend that if staying in this resort pay the extra and stay in one of these rooms.
3. Location- the resort is a 300baht taxi ride to Sairee beach. Which is expensive if you are doing this everyday. The hotel offer a shuttle down at 11am or 3pm but no pick up. It is not ideally located if you plan on diving or leaving the resort in general.
4. Activities- on arrival my boyfriend and I asked the manager what there was to do around the island and could he recommend any diving/snorkelling trips. He told us to go to Sairee beach and all the information is there, which was not very helpful.
5. Pool- the pool is overly treated with chemicals. I understand the need for this considering the water shortage in Koh Tao but the chemicals destroyed one of my good bikinis. (Picture attached)
Overall the pool, bar and restaurant staff are very pleasant, smiley and helpful. The breakfast buffet had a decent selection of good quality food. The views are beautiful but I do not recommend this place if you are interested in diving/snorkelling or viewing the island in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aminjirah is nestled on a dramatic cliff side, overlooking Sairee Beach and Koh Nang Yuan. The Aminjirah features just 22 rooms and one pool villa + 2 two amazing sea view pools including a 16 metre dramatic sunset infinity edge pool. We also offer free pier transfers and 4 daily shuttle transfers to Sairee beach. Access to beautiful small beach with clear water and fun pier to jump from available via little bit steep stairs through next door resort - you just need to purchase a little from their bar or restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aminjirah Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjirah Hotel Koh Tao