eDreams
jcetiner
Manchester, United Kingdom

A slice of paradise

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Mar 2019via mobile
We stayed in a beautiful room family room with the most amazing view. The staff were amazing!!

I was out diving most days so my Mum spent most of her time at the resort. The staff really looked after her & couldn’t do enough for us.

The food is great too, a little more expensive than Sairee but expected as it’s a resort.

The infinity pool is outstanding. You feel like you’re literally on top of the world as the hotel is high up on a cliff top. You can see all of Sairee below & Ko Nanguan to the right.

The rooms were spotless & cleaned every day.

The only downside is that the resort is at the top of a steep hill. I’m very fit so it wasn’t really an issue for me during the day. However it did restrict my Mum & at night time it’s pitch black so you can walk with a torch or take a taxi. Taxis charge a flat rate of 400Bhat which is quite expensive but it’s worth it to venture into town. This is the only reason I’m not giving a full 5 star review.

Special thanks go to Jasmin & the young vegetarian man from Myanmar who helped with cooking & serving at the bar. And the lovely lady who served & cooked breakfast most days. Everyone was so kind & I’m very happy we chose to stay there.

Jo & Mum :-)
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jasmin D, General Manager at Alayana Resort Koh Tao, responded to this review
Responded 19 Mar 2019
Thanks Jo & Mum,

Although we feel it's a little unfair to deduct us a star when we have many free shuttles daily. A view like our doesn't come without a bit of effort - no pain no gain. Still love you.

£49
    £113
    £76
View more hotels in Koh Tao
1,526 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights and were impressed by the lovely women at the reception! She helped for everything!

The view was amazing! 😍

We recommend it!

Only things to improve: the pool water should be cleaned more and the warm dishes for the breakfast should really be warm.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jasmin D, General Manager at Alayana Resort Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2019

Dear Tolorado,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and for booking directly on our official website! It is much appreciated and let's us better keep our resort up to date.

We will certainly strive to improve upon the things you pointed out.

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

It has been my second time in this wonderful hotel, every year I visit koh tao and its ameenjeerah - the hotel has the best view and a quiet location - lovley people are working there and they do everything for you if you need their help - you just have to treat them friendly and with respect. Thailand is totally different to Europe, I read some bad comments about the Ameenjeerah but I can tell you its literally paradiese, every room is special and beautiful and also the energy you feel when you are there is very special, during my stay I changed my room because I did not book my room but so I experienced almost every room - I love the nighttime in Ameenjeerah - you have a fantastic view on their rooftop with a pool or might even from your balcony and they have two pools by the way...

The breakfast is really good - at least three different meals and also there is a possibility to eat outside if you dont like their offered breakfast.

Koh Tao is really a nice spot and the ameenjeerah makes you a good home while you are in Koh Tao - I never had a bad expierience with their service or at all.

People have a different lifestyle over there - what I really like - they living the slow life - trying to enjoy life every minute - no stress - no hurry - no everyday slave life as we know it from home - if you want to slow down - and to enjoy your life to the fullest, go to koh tao for diving or snorkling and stay in Ameenjeerah Koh Tao it will give you a peace of mind mindset and you probably wanna stay there forever.

The Hotel is placed near the ocean - so you are 100% in nature - there is such a beauty in it you cant stand it. Can’t wait to be back ☀️

Enjoy your stay at one of the nicest place on earth.

Best Regads and have a wonderful time,

The Captain

Trip type: Travelled solo
Jasmin D, General Manager at Alayana Resort Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2019

Dear Captain,

We appreciate your kind words very much. Thank you so very much. We do like to think, that we treat everybody well, regardless of their demeanor :-)

Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

We arrived at the evening. Normally a shuttle bus pick you up from the Pier for free. You get an E-Mail to inform the Hotel about the Time you will arrive; (It was our fault that we payed for a taxi - 450B for two)
at the Hotel our first Impression was great! The People are very friendy. We got an Upgrade for our Room. The room is very big & bright - also the Balkon. The view from the room, the two Skyline Pools an Restaurant is amazing. We will book this Hotel again if we come back again to Tao! We would recommend it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

The Ameenjeerah hotel in Koh Tao has to be one of the most beautiful and special places that we have stayed in during our travels in Thailand.

The most stunning feature are the two infinity pools that provide a view of the Gulf of Thailand as far as one can look. Relaxing on the floating Fatboy's, we witnessed some of the most beautiful sunsets we have ever seen.

The room was also very clean and there was a large bathroom. Also shuttle service available.

Would definitely visit this place again in the future!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank WP97
Reviewed 25 January 2019 via mobile

You rarely get anyone at reception! When you do she is very rude and doesn’t want to do her job!

We requested a shuttle bus out of the hotel at 6am and I don’t think it was even a staff member driving but the man renting the scooters across the road.. he then charged me 300bat for a “free shuttle”

Rooms & bathrooms are basic.. they don’t give you soap for your hands which is strange

Aside from this the bar staff at the pool are very friendly & the view at sunset is amazing!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jasmin D, General Manager at Alayana Resort Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2019

Dear Ross

We were very sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as it could have been, but thank you for your nice comments about our pool staff and our views.

I have asked our front desk staff to make very clear that we do not have free transfers prior to 8 am and if transfers are required earlier than that, there will be a fee. This is something that should have been made clear during check in and I am sorry if it was not conveyed clearly. Unfortunately I must admit I have heard another couple of similar comments, so it is something we will have to work harder on and we will find a solution to make it more clear.

Jasmin