“Will be a life-long memory”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Captain Nemo Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 79 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The GH is well located, near the pier, 10 mins walk to the beach, bank/restaurant/post office nearby. The room we stayed was clean and quiet. We felt like at home and relaxed after day trip.
The hostess was very friendly and helpful. She waited for us at the pier and told us about everything we needed to know. She offered us a waterproof bag with two beach towel which helped a lot when we went swimming. We booked from her ship tickets as well as one day snorkeling trip, which was definitely the highlight of our voyage!
How I want to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sunny0421
Philippe N, Owner at Captain Nemo Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and to take the time to do this review. We are very proud to have been a part of your good souvenir of Koh tao. We really hope to see you again for new beautifull days on our small paradise

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 month travelling through southeastasia and koh tao was definetly one of our favourites, not only because of the beautiful island...

We stayed a week @CaptaineNemo and were so thankful for our pleasant and quite home close to everthing :)

The funny captain, Philippe and his pretty, lovely wife Som cared for everything, so we never need to worry about anything... Transfer, snorkeling, diving, whatever you want! The rooms are very clean, beautiful and you have a big fridge to store your own cold drinks and food... that's awe-SOM-e!

Whatelse can I say?
Maybe just read the other reviews...
They are the reason why we checked in here!

Thank you for everything Philippe and Som!
We'll come back :)

Maren & Stefan

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Philippe N, Owner at Captain Nemo Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Many thanks for sparing your time in writing a review on trip Advisor after your holidays spent in our Guesthouse. Also I would like to thank you for your comments about the info service of Som and also about the work of Ploy. We definitely hope to see you again for a new stay on Koh Tao.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and wanted to stay more but unfortunately they were fully booked.

From the first email communication captain nemos were so friendly and informative. They met us at the pier with a smile and greeted us at the hostel with cold water.

Their recommendations for food erc were spot on.

The fact that they give you a wet bag and a beach towel to use whilst staying there shows how thoughtful the owners are.

We would definitely go back here again and our only advise is to book early and enough days to avoid disappointment of not being able to stay longer.

Thank you captain nemos for a great stay

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and to take the time to do this review. We are very proud to have been a part of your good souvenir of Koh tao. We really hope to see you again for new beautifull days on our small paradise

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed for three nights at Captain Nemo Guesthouse. Due to another cancelation i was able to book the room a few days in advanced via e-mail. After this fast and very helpfull contact i arrived in Koh Tao by ferry.

From the pier it is only a few meters to walk the hill up to the guesthouse. I was welcomed by Som and Ploy who showed me my room and gave me some advises about the island and restaurants nearby. My room was spacious, clean and equipped with a fridge, a/c and a deposit box.

Since Som is operating her own travel agency, she is your first contact for tours as well. I have booked a snorkeling trip around Koh Tao. She gave me another beach towel and a dry bag for my personal belongings. I was very keen about this, since other guesthouses will only forbid you to take their towels to the beach, without offering a solution for that.

To sum it up: This was one of the best stays on my trip to Thailand and this would be my recommendation for anybody who is looking for an affordable stay on Koh Tao.

All my best to Philippe, Som and Ploy!

Room Tip: The guesthouse itself is very quiet and the rules regarding this are very strict. If you are looking...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for this review about your stay with us. It's so easy to make people happy with just small things. Som and Ploy are always surprised to read how our guests enjoyed our small guesthouse, we actually just take care our guests the best as we can, it should be like this eveywhere. Fortunately Tripadvisor ïs a good way to "clean" the industry. Thank you again for staying with us and share your experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Me and my brother had a wonderful time in this guesthouse. The room where very clean and pretty nice (we had one with a window) and airconditioned :) I never saw one insect in the room which is very important for me. Philippe and his wife Som where so helpful when we needed advices what to do on the island and whot we shouldn't do. If I knew it I wouldn't have booked my trip back to Bangkok in advance but would have booked it with Som, because she also has a travel agency. Next time I will be smarter.
I defenately will come back next year and I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Philippe N, Owner at Captain Nemo Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us this month.
Som and Ploy really appreciated you have made good comments about service and Cleaning.
We are waiting forward for welcoming you next year
Thank you also for being number 214 rating us "Excellent"

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome at Captain Nemos! Right from the moment we arrived we were greeted with extremely welcome cold towels and memories of our pretty "exciting" boat crossing were soon far behind. You get beach towels and a dry bag, Som sorted out our boat trip back to the mainland (getting us a refund on the old tickets to boot!!) when we found out the boat we'd booked on wasn't running, they sorted tickets for us, taxis and gave some excellent recommendations on where to eat.
As a couple that loves to do things independently we would normally explore for ourselves but Phillipe & Som gave us perfect recommendations and made the whole stay so easy and relaxed.

We were there for Xmas and couldn't have been made to feel more at home. Great place to stay on Koh Tao! Thanks so much you guys!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bartop4
Philippe N, Owner at Captain Nemo Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your review and we are really pleased that the both of you enjoyed your holidays with us for Chrismas. Having now owned the guesthouse for almost nine years it is so rewarding to have such nice feed back from our guests regarding their stay. All the best for this new year.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Overall Captain Nemo was just fantastic, the place was safe, uber clean, quiet (considering it was over New Year's), and very comfortable (slept just great). Before we arrived in Koh Tao, Phillip was very communicative about our reservation, and even before we booked, he always very prompt in his email correspondence.

Moreover, Phillip and Som were (are) two of the most honest and hospitable people on the whole island. They took their time to understand what we were hoping to do while on Koa Tao, and gave tips about where to go and where not to go. Our trip was very different than most people visiting Koa Tao, we were not looking to dive, we just wanted to explore the island, eat good food, and enjoy the warm sunshine. Since Captain Nemo is not on the beach and when Som heard we just wanted to hangout on a beach, she gave us recommendations (and directions) first thing. She made no qualms about the hotel's location, instead she provided immediate how-to.

As our stay wrapped at Captain Nemo wrapped up, my friend and I were looking to stay closer to the beach, and without asking any questions at all, both, Phillip and Som, helped us settle our next lodging and the necessary transportation. On top to of that, when Phillip found out we would be traveling through Bangkok he wrote us a lengthy email with many helpful tips and suggestions for navigating the city's various districts.

This kind of care and attention was totally unexpected and very much appreciated.
-Heidi

Room Tip: Captain Nemo is not on the beach, but it is an ideal location for arriving. It is very close to the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heidi S
Philippe N, Owner at Captain Nemo Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Heidi,
It’s a pleasure to read that you have had a wonderful holiday experience and that you were happy with the quality of facilities and services of Captain Nemo compared to other places. We hope to welcoming you back for a longer holiday break at our beautifull small island. Many thanks indeed for your positive feedback.