“Great location and helpful staff”
Review of Asia Divers Resort

Asia Divers Resort
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Great location. Steps from Sairee beach and nearby shops/restaurants. Trucks will transport you to the pier if they are going to pick up or drop off other guests. This saves 200 baht each way. Rooms were clean and neat. Two improvements recommended: stronger shower and increase wifi coverage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great ambience and really relaxed, laid-back attitude. Everything was not a problem, and it wasn't, I am sure these guys would have provided an air-balloon if that was your choice of travel.

One of the best places I have ever stayed!

The hotel is not a 5 star, and not trying to be either !, ok, and clean, helpful staff, GREAT DIVING! with fun DM's (thanks Ric!!!) and IDC's.

Room Tip: Dependant on what you are after, for diving, doesn't matter. For family, I would go for pool roo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The main reason for our visit to Koh Tao was for the scuba diving so we were just keen to find accommodation that was clean and comfortable.

After looking at Trip Advisor for places to stay in Koh Tao we found that their were not many options in Sairee which were reasonable in price or had good reviews. After reading a few things about Asia Divers we decided to give this place a try. At $50AUD a night for a superior room we had air con and hot water.

The rooms were quite basic but clean (and cleaned daily) with a flat screen tv and bar fridge. We had a balcony overlooking the garden and being away from the main beach it was nice and quiet.

The breafast that is included is also basic (limited choice) but when paying such a small price for 2 people it was worth it. The reception staff can also arrange for your laundry to be done at a reasonable price

We did not scuba dive with Asia Divers but rather looked around at other reviews and selected a differenct company.

If we were going back to Koh Tao I would possibly stay here again but we were surpirsed at the amount of accommodation in Sairee that was not reviewed on Trip Advisor that we would also consider looking at other places.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Asia resort
Everything was excellent; clean room, great resort, nice location. Garden is fantastic! Pool is awesome.  Breakfast was pretty good- they added it to my room so mention if u want it or not! Definitely worth it!
I had a room with fan, basic but with balcony, tv. No phone.
The only negative aspects were that there was no warm water for the fan room and Internet was not working at all. When I asked about it, staff seemed to not know anything about a problem with it and when I insisted to find out what's going on I got 'they working on it' not at all convincing more like 'I don't care, leave me alone'... Then the 'in charge of the of the internet' person said it's in and out and I should check in a certain spot and I should look if other people r typing... I told them I had a signal but no Internet working and he dissmissed me saying 'ok' as in 'whatever'.. This was an annoying issue and never solved.
You will find free wifi in some spots or restaurants in town but do not rely on having it at this resort...
Update: the next day I got Internet in the restaurant but still none in the room.
Definitely recommended if no Internet needed!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I loved staying here, we spent 4 nights here in June 2011. The rooms are clean and provide everything you need - air con, fridge, balcony, clean, comfy beds. There is a pool which is lovely and can be used by all. The staff were friendly, and gave discounts on dives for staying in the resort. its a great location in Sairee Beach, 5 min walk to main shops and beaches but its nice and quite at night as its just off the main road. Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Nice hotel with the added bonus of a swimming pool! The beach is long and sandy but quite a lot of rubbish on the beach so I didn't fancy swimming, hence the pool was great. Good breakfast, staff were good but not overly friendly. My room was pretty Damp, clothes smell of it now I have left. No daily maid service. Wifi in certain areas only.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The location was quite good, as already explained below it's a short walk to all the main action.

The pool was good with chairs to lay on etc. It's setup for diving and has three depths, one of which is very deep. It can be tough finding room in the shallow end when there are classes on.

Unfortunately the island was suffering regular brown outs and whenever it hit your wifi would drop out (ie your skype call) and the cable tv would stop working for at least 30 min while it rebooted or whatever. I guess this isn't really their fault and when it was working the wifi coverage was great.

The staff were OK but mostly indifferent, I don't think they were too well trained in hospitality.

Breakfast was fine and reasonably good value at 100 baht per person, although we have a feeling others were getting it for free somehow. We were paying 1500 baht for their AC rooms which wasn't great value but we had arrived without a reservation.

My main complaint about this place would be the level of noise. It was not a place where you could easily sleep in, with the slamming of doors etc and many groups getting up early for dive classes etc. The rooms just were not setup very well to keep out the noise. There was also a very noisy group at about 4am, and due to the lack of 24 hour reception there was nothing that could be done to get them to be quiet.

10am checkout is fine and is actually quite appreciated in the context of ferry times, with many people arriving around then an appreciating a room to go straight to and also many people leaving around then soon.

I would stay here again, purely because it seems that a lot of the reviews on trip advisor for other hotels on the island were quite average and we haven't located anywhere better.

• Stayed: April 2011