“they killed my salmon - totally overcooked”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 198 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was also unfortunate enough to sit in a spot where the fan didn't reach me - was dying of the heat. Some of the entrees looked good but the mains were lacking in something.

1  Thank Heidi M
There are newer reviews for Barracuda Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a really good meal here last week, the locally caught prawns in lemongrass and kafier breadcrumbs with red curry mayo were amazing and both of our Barracuda dishes were great. The wine is very reasonably priced and the service was good. We were sat outside of the restaurant and it was very warm which is the only minor fault to a very good experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Pros:
*Good services compare to what the other restaurant around offer, although it was nicer been if someone could actually ask how was our food.
*Good mashed potatoes.

Cons:
*Took 40 min for 2 dished to arrive when we were the only table to order,.
*The Rib-eye Beef was disaster! over cooked and poor quality .
*The Restaurant recommended specialty: mix seafood plate was no more than average compare to the much cheaper places in the Island.
*The place is next to a cheap empty strippers club, playing loud and unpleasant tunes. so the atmosphere is far from being romantic.
*Rates are high compare to what you get.

We ate about 1\3 of the 2 dishes and asked for a check, no one care.

1  Thank Uri S
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The restaurant has a lot of different fish and seafood dishes and they're all amazing, including a delicious desert menu! I went back lots of time on my holiday because of the good food and the great service! You just have to try it! Btw the best toast skagen I've ever tried (and I'm from Sweden)

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Came here based on good reviews on trip advisor, I must say I was not disappointed.

It was very busy Saturday night but the staff coped well. The menu is of a good standard. I went the whole hog with garlic shrimp to start / seared tuna / baileys & raspberry cheesecake. Each course delicious, tasty & fresh. My partner equally enthused over his chosen grub of BBQ ribs.

I must also concur about the passion fruit mojitos!