“Phenomenal restaurant”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Amazing food, great service. Whist having dinner, thought it was so good, I tried to book for lunch the following day. Unfortunately they are shut for lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were really excited by the reviews and the menu, but weren't blow away. The food was definitely good, though I think the "All-In Fish Platter" for 2+ is not the way to go. The Barracuda cakes were good, salty (which we like) and different, but the snapper and shellfish was overcooked and nearly flavorless. I think some of their other dishes sound more promising and would have loved to have time to give this place another try. The tuna bruschetta sashimi was yummy, especially without the bread. Fun drinks too.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Was recommended to go to The Barracuda by a friend, so happy she did! Food was amazing. I recommend the duck and the chocolate tart! Staff are friendly has a very chilled atmosphere, Loved it.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I really got lucky with this restaurant. I meant to go somewhere else and ended up here as a second option...I'm so glad I did.

I've been living in Thailand for just over a year and this was the best meal I've had so far. The chocolate tart I ordered for dessert was the best I've ever had.

It's pricy so it might be out of the range of a backpacker budget but if you love good food you MUST visit this restaurant on Koh Tao.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are not traveling on a backpackers budget, you MUST eat here. You will not go wrong if you order the Tuna Sashimi and the Seafood platter for two. Tons of food, freshly made and very good. the prices here are high for a Thai Island but the quality of the food and service make it worthwhile. They require a reservation which I don't understand since there were tons of open tables when we were there but we made our reservation 24 hours earlier with no issue.