“My birthday dinner and I choose here, was fantastic! ”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 213 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were travelling around Thailand winging everything and decided to go there for my bday. Was amazing seafood and great fun atmosphere! Definitely go!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,086)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were referred to this restaurant by a local friend. I tried the tuna salad and it was excellent. Other food that we tried was also great. The cheesecake was great (it was quite surprising for me to find a great cheesecake in a small island in Thailand). The price was very good for the quality (and quantity!) you get. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Amazing food, great service. Whist having dinner, thought it was so good, I tried to book for lunch the following day. Unfortunately they are shut for lunch.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were really excited by the reviews and the menu, but weren't blow away. The food was definitely good, though I think the "All-In Fish Platter" for 2+ is not the way to go. The Barracuda cakes were good, salty (which we like) and different, but the snapper and shellfish was overcooked and nearly flavorless. I think some of their other dishes sound more promising and would have loved to have time to give this place another try. The tuna bruschetta sashimi was yummy, especially without the bread. Fun drinks too.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Was recommended to go to The Barracuda by a friend, so happy she did! Food was amazing. I recommend the duck and the chocolate tart! Staff are friendly has a very chilled atmosphere, Loved it.