“Clean bungalow, fab view, friendly host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Sunrise Bungalow Koh Tao
Ranked #95 of 142 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We wanted somewhere quiet and peaceful to relax. It was an added bonus that the bungalows had amazing views over the bay with clean and comfortable rooms. Mod the hostess was brilliant, she was friendly and helpful and she cooked the most delicious thai food! The nearest beach is only a 10 minute walk away and has the best snorkelling on the island. The bungalows are a bargain find for what you get, especially compared to other places in the main town. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David P
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Bungalow Koh Tao

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Great Location if you want a bit of piece and quiet away from the night clubs with awesome views over Aow luek Bay which has some of the best snorkeling and is only a 5-10min walk away or 2min if you have a scooter (recommended and cheap/fun at 150b per day)

To get to the main town is a 5 minute scooter ride or if you get a taxi its should cost no more than 200baht each way. Make sure you haggle otherwise they will try and rip you off.
We met one European guy called Flo (works at poor dive shop) straight off the boat and he tried to scare us into taking an expensive taxi for 600b saying it was a 4hr walk up a mountain!! (Actually 30min walk)
Mod the host was absolutely fantastic. She would always be on hand with a smile, honest advice and great cooking when ever you want and very good prices.

The cost of the bungalow was also one of the cheapest on Koh Tao so don't expect the Ritz. Good sized clean rooms with en suite toilet and hot shower and great balcony/porch.

Would defo stay again.

Room Tip: Rent a scooter if you stay here. Its really good fun and a brilliant way to explore the island. Mod...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mostyn D
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at Sunrise Bungalows in late October, and it was total luck that me and my friends stumbled upon it. Mod was a fantastic lady who immediately greeted us with a smile. The place is always clean, the view is amazing, and every night I stayed there it was always a good time. Any time I had a question or needed help with something Mod was more than willing to help out. It is really nice to stay at a place where the owner take time to really get to know their guests as well as provide amazing service. Sunrise Bungalows is a place I definitely hope to stay at again, I highly recommend staying at this place a little off the beaten path.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tanner W
Reviewed 11 January 2012

this bungalow was at very quiet location, so I didn't need to hear the sounds of many motor cycles there. the room was simple and the cleanliness was enough to stay. the price of the room was also very good to stay. the owner MOD was very friendly and talked to me nicely. she cooked yummy yummy Thai food. it matched Thai beer very much! I drank a lot at the moment. I really satisfied her hospitality to compare with my country's. I want to visit there next time as well.

Room Tip: big bungalow is better for you to watch sunrise.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank taka s
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I want to share my experiences about Sunrise Bungalows. This is beautiful place with the best view in Koh Tao. I have stayed for a long time and for me it has become my second home. I have one of the bigger bungalows so I have also a small kitchen wich is fantastic. Sunrise is up the hill on the way to Tanote bay so it is nice to be away from to much music and party people. It only take you a short ride if you want to party. Mod who has this place is a wonderful person and she will make you to have a smile on your face every morning and she also can help you with good advice and booking tickets..

Room Tip: Prices from 250 bath to 900 bath per night. The choise is yours
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Bjorn H
Reviewed 4 December 2011

After staying three weeks in several bungalows around noisy Sairee beach we came to Mod's place on this amazing viewpoint. From the first moment I felt totaly in love with the nice and quiet atmosphere here. The sunrise every morning on Aow Leuk is so beautiful, just wow! The rooms are simple but clean and comfy, the food we got here was yummie and the owner Mod is always available for a nice talk. The two little bamboo shacks are so cute and cheap in price at the same time, but unfortunately they were booked when we arrived so we stayed in a small bungalow.

If you want to forget the busy and crowded part of koh tao, here's ur place. And anyway, the parties of the island aren't so far away, so calm down on a hangover day in sunrise bungalows and find back to life ;-)

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank alnino
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have stayed here for one month and feel realy at home. The view is great and i am so happy everyday i open the door in the morning. Life is good. The owner Mod is really friendly and helpful. And the food is good. :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo