“Value for Money! For few nights great!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Sunrise Bungalow Koh Tao
Ranked #101 of 153 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We booked the small house for 3 nights. It is clean but the bathroom is not very luxury. So don't except too much. The house is closed, so no insects can come in, which was good.
The soul of the sunrise bungalows is the owner Mod, she is really absolutely lovely and she can cook very good and has a kind heart.
The view is absolutely amazing and just perfect.
The walk to the beach is about 15 min- we walked since it is very dangerous to rent a bike (many accidents on the island). The beach is great too- you can snorkle very well and rent everything at the beach.
The first two nights the water in the bathromm worked fine but there were problems with the water and in the end it was brown & stinky- and we did not use it!

So before you book you may ask for the water reserves- otherwise it is great for a few nights!
If you need something low budget- this is your place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyingbird25

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed 3 nights and loved it. Mod the Thai owner is awesome and runs the place singlehanded - shes also very funny and a great cook! The bungalows have an amazing hillside view overlooking shark island...well worth an early wake up to see sunrise. The location is also great, you can walk to a quite beach with great snorkelling and a couple of cool restaurants...it's about 10 min walk. The main beaches and nightlife are about 10 mins by scooter or taxi and cost 150-400 baht depending where you go. Definetly worth staying!!!!!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank hooper24
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

It was my first time in ko Tao and I had just travelled the 22 hour journey from chiang mai... I got off the boat and faced 30 or so locals promoting their lodgings. Luckily I had booked ahead with sunrise bungalows.

Now at this point maybe everyone else would have got a 200baht taxi instead of hike up the 20 min slope in the heat with a heavy backpack. However I opted for the walk. Thai people believe in the power of the scooter so when asking directions they looked at me strangely.

Opon reaching my destination I was rewarded with an amazing view of koh phangan and shark island. Mod was there to greet me and show me to my bungalow - quiet, secluded, with its own hammock.

The bungalows are comprised of 2 small bamboo style (250baht), 3 mid range ensuite concrete style (600 baht) and 2 large with fridge and balcony (900baht).

A good point is these come with hot water, where for the same price many of the ones on sariee beach don't. Of course the best factor apart from the hot water, views and quiet is the host, mod. She is the only one there but she manages to have time to meet everyone's needs on top of the cleaning, cooking and management.

Her menu is good value and has some great tasty dishes (try the coconut soup with shanghai noodles) A problem with many kitchens in ko Tao is they hire burmese chefs - therefore not providing the true thai recipes.

If you can handle a scooter, it's best to hire one to get everywhere on the island quickly and cheaply. However the roads can be very rough and bumpy so if you've never rode one (like me) I wouldnt start here.

I was lucky enough to be there on a week where I almost had the place to myself. Mod was able to take me in to town, to barbecues, for pizza and to places it would take hours to walk to.

If you want to use wifi there is a place up the hill 2 mins. Also if you want to snorkel and use the beach it is 10 mins walk down the hill.

If you like the quiet, good hospitality, nature and authentic Thai food - this is the place! I would have stayed longer but it was fully booked after my week there. Till next time...

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We chose these bungalows as they were a bit out of the way, quite cheap (fitted out student traveller budget) and had gorgeous views of the coast. The owner was absolutely lovely, nothing was too much trouble and no request was too great. She takes a genuine interest in all of the people that stay and she made us feel very comfortable! The bungalow itself was comfortable but basic. And with the nicest beach we found on Koh Tao only ten minutes walk away, it is definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scug
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We wanted somewhere quiet and peaceful to relax. It was an added bonus that the bungalows had amazing views over the bay with clean and comfortable rooms. Mod the hostess was brilliant, she was friendly and helpful and she cooked the most delicious thai food! The nearest beach is only a 10 minute walk away and has the best snorkelling on the island. The bungalows are a bargain find for what you get, especially compared to other places in the main town. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Great Location if you want a bit of piece and quiet away from the night clubs with awesome views over Aow luek Bay which has some of the best snorkeling and is only a 5-10min walk away or 2min if you have a scooter (recommended and cheap/fun at 150b per day)

To get to the main town is a 5 minute scooter ride or if you get a taxi its should cost no more than 200baht each way. Make sure you haggle otherwise they will try and rip you off.
We met one European guy called Flo (works at poor dive shop) straight off the boat and he tried to scare us into taking an expensive taxi for 600b saying it was a 4hr walk up a mountain!! (Actually 30min walk)
Mod the host was absolutely fantastic. She would always be on hand with a smile, honest advice and great cooking when ever you want and very good prices.

The cost of the bungalow was also one of the cheapest on Koh Tao so don't expect the Ritz. Good sized clean rooms with en suite toilet and hot shower and great balcony/porch.

Would defo stay again.

Room Tip: Rent a scooter if you stay here. Its really good fun and a brilliant way to explore the island. Mod...