Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 8 May 2024
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 22 April 2024
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.09
from £17.56
from £48.11
from £42.15
3,571 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019

I did the Open Water 20 course with some friends at Roctopus and had a blast! The instructors are all very knowledgeable, fun to be around and concerned with your safety without being overbearing. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Koh Tao. Be sure to request John!

Date of experience: July 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with John! Our instructors have often worked all over the world and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team. Thanks for the review and recommendation and welcome to the sub culture, come back and see us real soon enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

My boyfriend and I went to try scube diving for first time with roctopus because I saw they have good reviews, and definitely it's a good place!

We had a theory lesson to have the basic diving knowledge, then we went to the boat with our allocate instructors and we did some exercises in the water to get familiar with our equipment. When we were confident enough we started to get deeper.

It was a marvelous experience! It is like being in a different world! Wonderful!

I just would like to say THANK YOU to VICKY, our instructor, as she was very supportive at all the time. I was quite scared at the beginning and she pass me on her confident making me feel safe. Thanks!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2019

I don’t normally write Trip Advisor reviews but I was compelled after my superb dive training experience. I took the basic open water 20 course and was lucky enough to get the floating scottsman Lewis as my instructor.

He was an attentive, knowledgeable, and thorough instructor every step of the way. Lewis gave our group supreme confidence by taking his time and being a stickler for proper technique and safe ascents despite not diving super deep.

He may steal hairbands and be slightly hard to understand at times but I wouldn’t choose anybody else to lead me through the crystal clear depths off the coast of koh tao. He’s a consummate professional and fantastic teacher. I didn’t have time for the advanced course but absolutely would have taken it if I did.

Book your tour with Roctopus ASAP, you won’t regret it. And request Lewis if hes not busy.

1  Thank Keith M
JayRoc83, Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Hi Keith

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Lewis! Thanks for taking the time to write us a stella review! Lewis is a fantastic instructor and loves to pass on his passion for diving and the ocean. We look forward to welcoming you back to do the advanced course, enjoy the rest of your travels and welcome to the sub culture.

Reviewed 3 August 2019

During my stay in Koh Tao I started the Open Water 20 course at Roctopus Diving. After completion I did the Explorer 30 course as well.

I can highly recommend this diving school and in particular the instructors I had during these two courses: Gary Robbins and Lewis Robertson.

Date of experience: July 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW and advanced course with Gary and Lewis! Welcome to the sub culture, thanks for taking the time to write us a review we look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

I had an amazing diving experience at Rocktopus for my open water certification. Before going diving I was a little anxious about it all, having had no prior diving experience. As soon as we started our lessons with our instructor Vicky Laspiur my confidence immediately shot up as I could tell we were in the safe hands of a very professional, experienced and aware instructor/teacher who not only wanted us to learn but also ensured we enjoyed it all to the fullest extent, which made me very comfortable throughout the whole process and ultimately led to an extremely enjoyable & unforgettable time that has truly amplified the whole awesomeness of our time, particularly under the water but also at Kao Tao in general.

Date of experience: August 2019
JayRoc83, Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2019

Hey Jonny

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Vicky! She is very passionate about teaching and loves to pass on her passion and create autonomous divers. Great to hear you had an unforgettable time, thanks for taking the time to write us a great review, come back and see us real soon.