Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Fantastic Place to learn

My first expierence diving and I couldn’t be more happy. Welcoming, informative and good fun... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Oscar B
Best dive shop in Koh Tao

I had a great time completing my open water 20. The shop makes sure your class has no more than 3... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
rionas1616

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.14
from £17.61
from £48.24
from £42.27
3,573 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Loved every minute of my open water diving course! All the staff are so friendly &
our dive instructor John was like a sea king 🌊 👑 He was informative, made us all feel safe & he’d always make us laugh even when we felt nervous!
Would definitely recommend Roctopus! 🤟🏻

Date of experience: January 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Hi Grace

John is a sea king, great phrase! Congratulations on completing your OW with him! He is always on hand with a quick joke to ease those nerves. You can see his passion and how he just loves to teach and pass on his passion for diving and the underwater world. Thanks for the awesome review and welcome to the sub culture.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

I did the Open Water 20 course with some friends at Roctopus and had a blast! The instructors are all very knowledgeable, fun to be around and concerned with your safety without being overbearing. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Koh Tao. Be sure to request John!

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with John! Our instructors have often worked all over the world and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team. Thanks for the review and recommendation and welcome to the sub culture, come back and see us real soon enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

My boyfriend and I went to try scube diving for first time with roctopus because I saw they have good reviews, and definitely it's a good place!

We had a theory lesson to have the basic diving knowledge, then we went to the boat with our allocate instructors and we did some exercises in the water to get familiar with our equipment. When we were confident enough we started to get deeper.

It was a marvelous experience! It is like being in a different world! Wonderful!

I just would like to say THANK YOU to VICKY, our instructor, as she was very supportive at all the time. I was quite scared at the beginning and she pass me on her confident making me feel safe. Thanks!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2019

I don’t normally write Trip Advisor reviews but I was compelled after my superb dive training experience. I took the basic open water 20 course and was lucky enough to get the floating scottsman Lewis as my instructor.

He was an attentive, knowledgeable, and thorough instructor every step of the way. Lewis gave our group supreme confidence by taking his time and being a stickler for proper technique and safe ascents despite not diving super deep.

He may steal hairbands and be slightly hard to understand at times but I wouldn’t choose anybody else to lead me through the crystal clear depths off the coast of koh tao. He’s a consummate professional and fantastic teacher. I didn’t have time for the advanced course but absolutely would have taken it if I did.

Book your tour with Roctopus ASAP, you won’t regret it. And request Lewis if hes not busy.

1  Thank Keith M
JayRoc83, Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Hi Keith

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Lewis! Thanks for taking the time to write us a stella review! Lewis is a fantastic instructor and loves to pass on his passion for diving and the ocean. We look forward to welcoming you back to do the advanced course, enjoy the rest of your travels and welcome to the sub culture.

Reviewed 3 August 2019

During my stay in Koh Tao I started the Open Water 20 course at Roctopus Diving. After completion I did the Explorer 30 course as well.

I can highly recommend this diving school and in particular the instructors I had during these two courses: Gary Robbins and Lewis Robertson.

Date of experience: July 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW and advanced course with Gary and Lewis! Welcome to the sub culture, thanks for taking the time to write us a review we look forward to welcoming you back real soon.