Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 8 May 2024
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 22 April 2024
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.09
from £17.56
from £48.11
from £42.15
3,571 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Definitely use Roctopus dive over anyone else! They are highly qualified, super friendly and care for the environment!! Would 10/10 reccomend!

Roctopus Dive was recommended to me by a friend who had visited the previous year. We checked it out online and booked the 10 dive package - the team were really friendly and responsive over email and when we arrived in Koh Tao we went down the the dive shop to check in.

We hadn’t dived in a while so we also booked a refresher course and after chatting with the staff, we decided to actually do our advanced course whilst we were there as the range of dive locations was incredible and the price was really competitive.

Our refresher course included two dives and was exactly what we needed, we ended up being really lucky as we had two instructors- one was finishing her training and was being assessed and so it was 1:1 staff to student ratio! It was really helpful to refresh the hand signals, safety checks and general dive admin.

John ran our advanced course and was fantastic. He was super experienced and taught us with patience and a lot of humour. Everyone said we got the best tutor! We did some classroom work but mostly additional skills and practical stuff in the water and we definitely learned more as a result of his enthusiasm for diving and his love of teaching. There were three on the course so loads of opportunities to ask questions and you always felt safe and looked after. We also got the opportunity to do a night dive which really was incredible.

All of the instructors chatted to you on the boat - you always felt looked after and like it wasn’t just their job to speak to you!

I have recommended Roctopus to other visitors to Koh Tao and definitely think they are the best around!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Loved every minute of my open water diving course! All the staff are so friendly &
our dive instructor John was like a sea king 🌊 👑 He was informative, made us all feel safe & he’d always make us laugh even when we felt nervous!
Would definitely recommend Roctopus! 🤟🏻

Date of experience: January 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Hi Grace

John is a sea king, great phrase! Congratulations on completing your OW with him! He is always on hand with a quick joke to ease those nerves. You can see his passion and how he just loves to teach and pass on his passion for diving and the underwater world. Thanks for the awesome review and welcome to the sub culture.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

I did the Open Water 20 course with some friends at Roctopus and had a blast! The instructors are all very knowledgeable, fun to be around and concerned with your safety without being overbearing. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Koh Tao. Be sure to request John!

Date of experience: July 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with John! Our instructors have often worked all over the world and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team. Thanks for the review and recommendation and welcome to the sub culture, come back and see us real soon enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

My boyfriend and I went to try scube diving for first time with roctopus because I saw they have good reviews, and definitely it's a good place!

We had a theory lesson to have the basic diving knowledge, then we went to the boat with our allocate instructors and we did some exercises in the water to get familiar with our equipment. When we were confident enough we started to get deeper.

It was a marvelous experience! It is like being in a different world! Wonderful!

I just would like to say THANK YOU to VICKY, our instructor, as she was very supportive at all the time. I was quite scared at the beginning and she pass me on her confident making me feel safe. Thanks!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2019

I don’t normally write Trip Advisor reviews but I was compelled after my superb dive training experience. I took the basic open water 20 course and was lucky enough to get the floating scottsman Lewis as my instructor.

He was an attentive, knowledgeable, and thorough instructor every step of the way. Lewis gave our group supreme confidence by taking his time and being a stickler for proper technique and safe ascents despite not diving super deep.

He may steal hairbands and be slightly hard to understand at times but I wouldn’t choose anybody else to lead me through the crystal clear depths off the coast of koh tao. He’s a consummate professional and fantastic teacher. I didn’t have time for the advanced course but absolutely would have taken it if I did.

Book your tour with Roctopus ASAP, you won’t regret it. And request Lewis if hes not busy.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Keith M
JayRoc83, Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Hi Keith

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Lewis! Thanks for taking the time to write us a stella review! Lewis is a fantastic instructor and loves to pass on his passion for diving and the ocean. We look forward to welcoming you back to do the advanced course, enjoy the rest of your travels and welcome to the sub culture.