Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Fantastic Place to learn

My first expierence diving and I couldn’t be more happy. Welcoming, informative and good fun... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Oscar B
Best dive shop in Koh Tao

I had a great time completing my open water 20. The shop makes sure your class has no more than 3... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
rionas1616

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.14
from £17.61
from £48.24
from £42.27
3,573 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

I did my open water certification at Roctopus with Erik. Great experience, a lot of fun and friendly staff.

I highly recommend Roctopus and will visit the sister shop in Lembongan next week.

Reviewed 8 August 2019

We came to Koh Tao having never dived before but wanting to give it a go. After some great recommendations from friends we went into the Roctopus shop to ask a million questions before we committed to our Open water course. From start to finish with our time at Roctopus every member of staff were really friendly and happy to answer any questions or give any advice we needed. We were lucky enough to have Beth as our instructor who was amazing and so patient with all of us! I was very nervous for the first time but Beth was so calming and understanding but didnt let me give up. We just wanted to thank everyone at Roctopus for being so calm and fun! We have left Koh Tao so excited and confident to get back into the water for our next dive and will definitely be back to do our advanced courses soon! Thanks everyone :) #teambeth

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

A friend and I did a 3-day open water course with Roctopus. This was a great experience! Roctopus is a very professional and fun diving school.

I had a bad diving experience at another place in the past so I was a bit reluctant at first to try it again, but we had a great time diving in Ko Tao. Our instructor Birgit struck the perfect balance between being a professional and responsible diving instructor and making the course fun.

After the first pool session, we already felt really comfortable with all the equipment. Birgit explained the theory for our online theory exam very clearly. When we first went into the open water, we felt comfortable (although it was still very exciting!). At Roctopus they want to make sure you are actually able to dive on your own after you have finished the course, and I deeply appreciate all the constructive and useful feedback that I have gotten throughout the course.

Oh, did I already mention that the open water dives were beautiful? See pictures for proof ;)

Conclusion: I highly recommend doing an open water course with Roctopus!

Thanks Birgit!

Date of experience: August 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Birgit and well done for giving it another go after a bad experience somewhere else! We love producing autonomous divers and teaching you all aspects of the course and marine life! The course is super fun as you stated and mixed with the right balance of theory and safety. Now you have a new hobby that will open up many different holiday destinations! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and welcome to the sub culture!

Reviewed 7 August 2019

I had my first scuba diving experience with Rocotopus and it was really awesome. I did 2 scuba diving courses with Birgit Johve as my Instructor and she is really amazing and supportive. The staff's where warm and welcoming.

Highly recommend Rocotopus 😊

Harish

Date of experience: July 2019

Hi Harish

Congratulations on completing your OW with Birgit! Thanks for the review and welcome to the sub culture, come back and see us real soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2019

I came to Koh Tao to learn SCUBA Diving and I couldn’t find a better place to go for learning the basics. Roctopus only work with small groups, 2 to 4 people, all instructors are highly skills and knowledgeable about all important aspects, safety, time management, trip organization, marine life... I can’t recommend a better school to learn how to SCUJBA dive.

Hi Loic

Congratulations on completing your OW and advanced with Keli! Thanks for the solid review, was great to have you on board, come back and see us real soon for some more awesome diving.