Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.32
from £17.80
from £48.75
from £42.71
3,571 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2019

Had an awesome time diving with Roctopus and completing my open water 20 course/

Felt comfortable from the moment I walked in the door as they ran me through the course details and helped me get set up.

Our instruction, Fiona Mc Gill, was an absolute star. She did an excellent job of building rapport with her students while at same time maintaining professionalism through out the course. Safety was always paramount with Fiona, always making sure we were able to complete skills effectively and was constantly concept checking theory which is a sign of a great teacher.
Furthermore, Fiona really loved and showed interest and what we were doing. From the physics to the the fish, she conveyed passion at every point that made the experience all the better.

Great school and great team. Plan to dive with them again when I am back in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

I have a pent the past 2 days on the adventure 30 course with Rocktopus dive instructor Fiona and had an absolutely incredible time. The shop is a lovely place to hang around and the dive sights are beautiful with lots of colourful and peculiar wildlife to see. The staff are very knowledgable and are careful to look after the marine life through their eco program. Furthermore they offer good local advice as well if you want ideas for the rest of your stay in Ko Tao. The shop is fairly busy but with lots of staff on hand to answer any questions swiftly.

Throughout the course you are with the same instructor with varying group sizes - I was lucky enough to have Fiona all to my self! This resulted in an intense course and lots of slight tweaks to my technique, allowing me to quickly improve. Thanks a lot to Fiona for going the extra mile, especially when it concerned getting biscuits from the back of the boat (even if they were slightly soggy on arrival)

Reviewed 14 August 2019

#Frankie thanks so much for teaching us to dive!! Myself and my daughter (14) had a wonderful time. Highly recommend the dive school, all staff were very friendly but Frankie was the best! Very patient with us (me mainly) we felt very safe and secure at all times. Diolch yn fawr (thanks very much) 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1  Thank emmapoppy83
Reviewed 14 August 2019

I wasn’t planning on diving on Koh Tao but I am so glad I did (with roctopus especially!). From the moment I walked into the shop to sign up for a course, I was immediately greeted by so many friendly people. I was able to sign up and start my course on the same day which was so convenient. My dive group was 2 instructors and 4 students. Gary and Hetta were absolutely amazing instructors. They were very experienced and taught us all we needed to know to stay safe while diving, but also became great friends by the end of the four days. Diving with roctopus was the best thing I did in my month traveling in Thailand and I’d recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank julialu415
Reviewed 13 August 2019

I completed my Open Water dive course with Roctopus this summer and it was absolutely amazing! Everyone on their staff makes you feel so comfortable and like you are part of the team. The immediate feeling of community at Roctopus is tough to beat. My instructor, Fiona McGill, was the absolute best and was so excited to share her passion with us newbies. She was professional, highly experienced, patient, and such a joy to learn from. This was my first time diving and she walked me through everything I needed to know, and more. I highly recommend Roctopus if you're looking to dive at Koh Tao!

Date of experience: July 2019