Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.32
from £17.80
from £48.75
from £42.71
3,572 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2019

I’ve had multiple groups of friends come to Koh Tao over the past 3 years and every single one has returned raving about Roctopus... and now I know why.

This diving company and everyone associated with it are absolutely amazing. We had a group of 7 people and even before we arrived on Koh Tao, they were so helpful in accommodating our large group and even provided transportation from the ferry to their office.

Our 4 days with Fiona, John and Lizzie (dive master-in-training) were hands down the highlight of our trip. I personally worked with Fiona and all I have to say is 100% request her as an instructor if you can. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, but she makes you feel comfortable when learning all the skills and ensures that you end the day feeling like you actually mastered them! She also made sure we saw some cool wildlife during the dives, that i know other groups on the same boat were not able to see. Plus, she’s pretty hilarious which made the experience all the more enjoyable!

All the other instructors were very welcoming and friendly as well. Each day they gave us recommendations of local restaurants to try and even came out with us for dinner.

We had a such a great experience with Roctopus for the Open Water course. If we had more time on Koh Tao, we would’ve definitely done the Advanced 30 with them as well.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 14 August 2019

For anyone who has no diving experience I definitely recommend Roctopus! I did a try dive with Tiago and the whole day was awesome. All the instructors were super friendly and helpful, and Tiago was really great at explaining what was going to happen. I felt comfortable the whole day and was encouraged to ask questions or bring forward any concerns. I would have taken the course with them if I had more time.

Date of experience: August 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Hi Lex

Congratulations on blowing your first bubbles underwater with Tiago! Super happy you had such a fun time, thanks for taking the time to write us a review come back and see us real soon for the full open water course.

Roctopus Dive

Reviewed 14 August 2019

What can I say to do this great dive shop justice. I started off at Roctopus doing my open water course with Beth. I guess I loved it so much that I stayed on to do multiple courses with many instructors - deep 40m and Nitrox, Rescue, Divemaster - and eventually the Instructors course.

I normally would prefer to mix up my training to get a broader perspective, but I was totally immersed in the awesome culture and positivity of this very professional school that I had no issues doing it all with them. Both Roctopus and their Pro team (for the DM and Instructor courses) are brilliant. You can't go wrong, and will meet so many fantastic people along the way. I can't really speak for the other schools on the island, but this one is a definite winner.

Thanks Rocto!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 14 August 2019

Had an awesome time diving with Roctopus and completing my open water 20 course/

Felt comfortable from the moment I walked in the door as they ran me through the course details and helped me get set up.

Our instruction, Fiona Mc Gill, was an absolute star. She did an excellent job of building rapport with her students while at same time maintaining professionalism through out the course. Safety was always paramount with Fiona, always making sure we were able to complete skills effectively and was constantly concept checking theory which is a sign of a great teacher.
Furthermore, Fiona really loved and showed interest and what we were doing. From the physics to the the fish, she conveyed passion at every point that made the experience all the better.

Great school and great team. Plan to dive with them again when I am back in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

I have a pent the past 2 days on the adventure 30 course with Rocktopus dive instructor Fiona and had an absolutely incredible time. The shop is a lovely place to hang around and the dive sights are beautiful with lots of colourful and peculiar wildlife to see. The staff are very knowledgable and are careful to look after the marine life through their eco program. Furthermore they offer good local advice as well if you want ideas for the rest of your stay in Ko Tao. The shop is fairly busy but with lots of staff on hand to answer any questions swiftly.

Throughout the course you are with the same instructor with varying group sizes - I was lucky enough to have Fiona all to my self! This resulted in an intense course and lots of slight tweaks to my technique, allowing me to quickly improve. Thanks a lot to Fiona for going the extra mile, especially when it concerned getting biscuits from the back of the boat (even if they were slightly soggy on arrival)