Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.32
from £17.80
from £48.75
from £42.71
3,572 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2019

Frankie was my instructor for the open water certification and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They put all their efforts to make sure that you are having a great time while learning the skills. Since you'll be spending most of your time with the school on Koh tao if you're looking to get certified so the atmosphere of the place is really important, do account for that. The whole course was very detailed without any rush and focused on individual attention so that you learn all the skills and enjoy your time in the sea. I wish I had more time on koh tao so I could have dived more with them after my certification, will definitely be coming back here for my advanced certification.

Date of experience: August 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Hi Sufya

I love your title! Congratulations on completing your OW course with Frankie! He just loves to teach diving and pass on his passion for the ocean. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon for the advanced course thanks for taking the time to review us and welcome to the sub culture.

Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

Had an amazing time diving in Koh Tao with Roctopus!

We did our open water course here and it was tonnes of fun. Our instructor Erik was great and has so much knowledge and expertise to pass on. I got a bit scared before one of my dives and but managed to complete the course successfully in the end with Erik's help and had an amazing time. He can be a little strict but it's clear he really cares about his students!

The staff seem great!! Their love for diving really rubs off on you and would recommend Rocotpus to anyone thinking of coming to dive in Koh Tao!!

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Erik! Super happy to hear you had an amazing time with us, thanks for taking the time to write us a review, welcome to the sub culture we hope to see you back real soon for some more awesome diving.

Reviewed 15 August 2019

Never having dived before, I wasn’t too sure what to look for in a diving school. After doing some research, I found that the two main things are facilities and the atmosphere of the place. Although they have a pool and all the facilities you need to learn how to dive, what made Roctopus special in comparison to other schools on the island was the vibe. You are always surrounded by very passionate people.

My experience started with meeting Erik, who was very friendly and didn’t only explain to us in great detail what the Open water course consisted on, but also gave us loads of recommendations for places to go in the island. And just like that, we had an instructor. Erik was the perfect mix between a friend and a very strict teacher. Trying to make the course as fun as possible, while ensuring you can do every single skill you will need to dive in the future. Personally, I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher, and would recommend anyone to do a course with Erik. Although to be fair everyone at Roctopus seemed very cool. My only regret is to not have been able to stay for longer and do more courses with them.

Also, I saw a really cool turtle!! 😎😎

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

Did 4 dives with Roctopus, unfortunatelly on a rainy day but the team still managed to entertain us and made our experience awesome. My family did try dives and had lots of fun, the team made sure we all felt safe and good. Would recommend it to anyone!:)

Date of experience: December 2018

Hi there

Congratulations on blowing your first bubbles underwater! What better place to be than under the sea when its raining and miserable outside! Super happy you had lots of fun and still managed to enjoy the course despite the weather, come back and see us real soon for the Open Water course!

Reviewed 14 August 2019

I’ve had multiple groups of friends come to Koh Tao over the past 3 years and every single one has returned raving about Roctopus... and now I know why.

This diving company and everyone associated with it are absolutely amazing. We had a group of 7 people and even before we arrived on Koh Tao, they were so helpful in accommodating our large group and even provided transportation from the ferry to their office.

Our 4 days with Fiona, John and Lizzie (dive master-in-training) were hands down the highlight of our trip. I personally worked with Fiona and all I have to say is 100% request her as an instructor if you can. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, but she makes you feel comfortable when learning all the skills and ensures that you end the day feeling like you actually mastered them! She also made sure we saw some cool wildlife during the dives, that i know other groups on the same boat were not able to see. Plus, she’s pretty hilarious which made the experience all the more enjoyable!

All the other instructors were very welcoming and friendly as well. Each day they gave us recommendations of local restaurants to try and even came out with us for dinner.

We had a such a great experience with Roctopus for the Open Water course. If we had more time on Koh Tao, we would’ve definitely done the Advanced 30 with them as well.

Date of experience: June 2019