Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing place!

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.32
from £17.80
from £48.75
from £42.71
3,571 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2019

If you’re trying to work out who to dive with, stop looking!

From the very first email contact with Rachael and throughout the week we spent diving with them in Koh Tao, the Roctopus team were super friendly and professional.

Roctopus won us over with how helpful they were with our first enquiries and their 1:4 ratio.

We did a range of courses and dives over the week and our instructors - Matias and Fiona were brilliant and we felt welcomed and adopted by the whole team.

Roctopus run a great operation - giving special care to their clients, their gear, their team and the environment!

Tip - Be sure to order the Phoenix’s breakfast rolls for the early dives!!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank TassieStubbs
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Hi Tassie

Thanks for the great review and congratulations on completing your OW and other courses with Matias and Fiona! Rachael is our unsung hero working away behind the scenes replying to hundreds of emails a day thanks for giving her a big shout out! Our small class sizes of 4;1 ratio are a perfect size to enable you to learn in. Phoenix breakfast rolls are causing quite a stir he really is a little entrepreneur! Welcome to the sub culture enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 17 August 2019

Wow, what an amazing experience I had at roctopus! Myself and 2 friends decided to do the open water course and had the fantastic Beth as our instructor! She is just an amazing instructor who was always so kind and patient with us and talked us through everything! Any worries or concerns we had she instantly put them at ease! The girl knows everything there is to know about scuba diving! I enjoyed my course so much I then decided to go on to do my advanced course, something I hadn’t really thought of doing but considering how much I enjoyed the open water course and how well it was run I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to do it! I then completed my advanced explorer course with the amazing Fiona! Who was such a fantastic instructor from beginning to end! She was always patient with me and is a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to scuba diving and marine life! Both girls were so professional throughout my course as well as being so friendly and welcoming! I would recommend anyone if they are thinking of doing scuba diving in Koh Tao to go to roctopus!

Date of experience: July 2019

Hi Ciara

Congratulations on completing your OW and Advanced course with Beth and Fiona! They both just love to dive and pass on their passion for the ocean, I think you really felt that throughout your course. Welcome to the sub culture thanks for taking the time to review us, we hope to see you back real soon for some more awesome diving.

Reviewed 17 August 2019

I came here for my Open Water Diver Certification and couldn't have made a better choice!

I was a bit nervous at first since I haven't been in the waters for about 10 years and was worried about whether or not I could pass the initial swim test. But my worries were soon alleviated when I met Frankie, my energetic, patient, attentive, and knowledgeable Dive Instructor.

Frankie helped me and encouraged me every step of the way. He made sure I was always comfortable and confident in the waters. I've managed to pass the swim test and was able to fully enjoy my time in the beautiful waters of Koh Tao.

Definitely a recommend! If you have any questions feel free to contact them at their email, the responses were always timely and helpful. And if you can, try and get Frankie as your instructor!

1  Thank qikun

Hi Qikun

Great little review! Congratulations on completing your OW course with Frankie! He had a blast teaching you and enjoyed seeing you progress through the course. Welcome to the sub culture we hope to see you back real soon for some more awesome diving.

Reviewed 16 August 2019

Koh Tao has no shortage of amazing dive schools, each offering a unique experience but I chose Roktopus because their name kept popping up in casual conversations with other tourists and dive masters alike. It’s a little hard to find, you need to make the turn as if you’re going to wind hotel- there are no clear signs and google thinks its on a different street. They were able to accommodate the tight schedule of my friend who needed to make a flight after the course (Don’t plan on flying anywhere until 24 hours after you dive). I got to know Fish, Birgit, Beth, and Fiona, who was my instructor. I’m a climber and rigger by trade, with no fear of heights or the abyss, but for some reason letting go of all my breath to get under water for the first time was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do psychologically. Fiona was there like a mermaid guiding me under the waves and helped me relax and regulate my breathing- something you can only get with the small class sizes Roktopus provides (max 4 students per instructor). I had such a great time in my Open Water 20 course, that I decided to continue on to the Explorer 30 alone, which was a one on one class. Even when a storm rolled in and it was too dangerous to make it to our planned wreck site for which I was very excited, Fiona somehow made the consolation prize of identifying fish, which I have no interest in, still fun and meaningful. You can tell she and everyone at Roktopus legitimately loves their place of work and playing in the water all day.

Please, please, please buy the photos or even a video. I didn’t and I’m sitting here writing this review wishing I had photos to share with my family and friends. When you’re on the boat suiting up theres just too much going on to be thinking about taking your own pictures and trying to keep your camera or phone dry. These guys are pros.

Hey there

Thanks for such a positive and detailed review! Congratulations on completing your OW and AA courses with Fiona! Sorry we were unable to get to the wreck, we always put safety first. Im super happy Fiona was still able to make fish ID as fun and interesting. We do acknowledge that it sometimes is hard to find us, we have been trying to communicate this to Wind beach resort explaining that we need more signage at their entrance, finally i think we have made a break through and they have decided to put a sign up. We all love working at Roctopus its so much fun, I mean our office is literally the ocean and the dive sites how awesome is that! Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life. Come back and see us real soon for some more awesome diving and then you can get the pictures this time around, welcome to the sub culture and carry on diving see ya soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2019

Frankie was my instructor for the open water certification and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They put all their efforts to make sure that you are having a great time while learning the skills. Since you'll be spending most of your time with the school on Koh tao if you're looking to get certified so the atmosphere of the place is really important, do account for that. The whole course was very detailed without any rush and focused on individual attention so that you learn all the skills and enjoy your time in the sea. I wish I had more time on koh tao so I could have dived more with them after my certification, will definitely be coming back here for my advanced certification.

Hi Sufya

I love your title! Congratulations on completing your OW course with Frankie! He just loves to teach diving and pass on his passion for the ocean. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon for the advanced course thanks for taking the time to review us and welcome to the sub culture.