Open today: 09:00 - 18:00

Reviewed 8 May 2024
Helen K
County Wexford, Ireland
via mobile
You’ll regret not diving with ROCTO

Reviewed 22 April 2024
Christine F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from £17.08
from £17.55
from £48.08
from £42.12
3,571 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2024 via mobile

I couldn’t recommend Roctopus highly enough for a dive experience. I got in touch with them before I arrived in Koh Tao and again when we got here and they couldn’t have been easier to deal with.

David our instructor & Tori his trainee couldn’t have been more helpful from the minute we walked in the doors. David has such a wealth of knowledge and an infectious passion for marine life that he was keen to pass on to my 10 & 12 year old sons.

The diving itself was wonderful, everyone was so friendly and we didn’t have to do a thing on the boat.

While we were beginning to dive I had a few moments of panic but at all times David reassured me, settled me and calmed me down. All 4 of us felt so safe & I knew the kids were in good hands.

We opted for 2 dives on the day and I’m so glad that we did. The 2nd was more enjoyable.

The 2 kids loved it, they can’t wait to do it again. Thank you Roctopus and especially David for an awesome day and for making sure we had an experience we wont forget!

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Wow, took me 5 years to write this review but that alone speaks VOLUMES to how amazing Roctopus dive is. So professional. So chill. So welcoming. Such amazing vibes all around. I couldn’t recommend a better experience to get your certification. My four days in Koh Tao with this group are some of the fondest memories I have of all of my many travels. Thank you all so much again. The dive sites were SPECTACULAR to say the least - nothing has compared since. Rocto makes it soo easy and fun to learn and experience life underwater. I cannot wait to return some day and get back to Sail Rock <3 thank you guys for the memories. Worth EVERY PENNY AND MORE.

Date of experience: May 2023
Reviewed 15 April 2024

Great atmosphere. Relaxed, friendly, helpful. Did the course with Andrew and he was amazing. Would recommend to anyone regardless of learning style. Has a fantastic perspective on the world of SCUBA and I dont think that any of us managed to ask a question which he couldnt answer. Very patient when he needed to be and seemed to know what the problems were before they even developed and be proactively fixing/preventing them. What a guy. What a school. What a location. 5 stars

Reviewed 12 April 2024 via mobile

Thank you so so much Roctopus for putting up with me and the family today. You were absolutely amazing and so calm and patient with us when we were being loony.

You did such a good job looking after our 10yr old daughter and to then have a green turtle swim by like that - just unreal!!

Thank you Nics and the team for everything xx

Reviewed 5 April 2024

A dive school is only as good as the instructor you get, and I was lucky to have the opportunity to be trained by Kyle Power for my OW20 certification in Koh Tao.

Kylie is a gifted teacher who connects deeply with his work, and has found his calling as a diver. Finding a teacher who is genuinely passionate about sharing their knowledge is always an inspiring and transformative experience. His teaching style is unique and fluid, he commands the classroom space both above and under the ocean with an expert blend of humour, assertiveness, detail and presence. I found him to be a focused and strong leader- I noticed how well he was able to balance being firm and strict with lightness and compassion- all in the right quantities to help new divers such as myself obey protocol and quickly improve skills. His ability to effectively manage diverse groups of students with varying personalities, temperaments and abilities is admirable, he observes each one with a keen eye and gives targeted feedback to help everyone improve where they personally need to while getting everyone to a uniform level of performance.

Kyle embodies all the qualities of his totem animal- the turtle. 🐢

He is calm, wise, experienced, and teaches his students not just the hard skills of diving- but patience, resilience, the art of slowing down and being able to truly be present in the moment. I am grateful to be able to access these core lessons of being a diver, and attribute the depth of my learning experience to having a great mentor in Kyle who nurtured my interest in breathing techniques and perfecting trim/buoyancy in the short span of time we had in the program. He is a great brand ambassador for the diving school, as his warm spirited, approachable and vibrant personality embodies the brand ethos of Rocktopus.

Whoever gets the chance to work with him will undoubtedly have a rich learning experience and start their diving journey with their best fin forward.