“Wow!”
Review of New Way Diving

New Way Diving
Ranked #12 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are one of the only shops to dive sail rock twice a week.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I was recommended to New Way by a friend back in England. I did my Open Water course & my friend did a tune-up. As soon as we arrived at the centre we were greeted by Annes beaming smile & made to feel really welcome. Everyone there is really friendly. Tom (our instructor) was fantastic - So cool & calm & really lovely. The 4 of us in the group all passed our exam & had a great few days learning & diving. Would (& have) recommended to everyone. Thanks guys! :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"shallow water"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was recommended to use New Way to do O/W course.
From my first e-mail to the final dive the whole team could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional, while still being great fun.
Special thanks to Erik our instructor and to Henrik.
The whole experience was amazing, I loved it all, my wife was nervous and took some persuading to finish the course.
I tried, Erik tried but Henrik took the prize and reasoned with her. No pressure but a great help, she has since dived in the Perhentians.
I would defiantly recommend this team to any new or experienced divers.
Thanks guys!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Knew this diving school by recommendation from Will North,as firstly I would like to book his school, unfortunately (luckily ;) ) He was fully booked.
With his helped I booked in at new way where my new world has started ;)

After 24 hrs traveling and first arrived to NEW WAY, the first thing I thought was NO WAY, I should find another place, luckily I was too tired and had no chance to do that.

The next day I was told that my instructor will be ANITA and only 2 students in my group.

Anita did the GREAT job. She was so calm, patient and super helpful, as I'm not a good swimmer.She asked another instructor to help me out (Thank you Johan).

The first 2 days was so stress me but Anita always make things fun and easy.

Not only Anita but everybody in New Way family are so nice, friendly and helpful.

Things happen for reason and I'm glad New Way is come along in my way :)

Highly recommend New Way.
Great job and exceed expectation!!

Thank you for a great time.

I will definately come back ;)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My buddy and I booked our tuneup and AOW courses in New Way via another dive shop, at first we were a bit worried but we were so glad that we chose New Way after the courses started.

Adrian was our tuneup instructor. He was very patient through out the 2 dives we did together, explaining every detail we should know. He is also very friendly and a good chat. I can feel his enthusiasm about diving and I am sure he will be a great instructor for other courses in the future.

David was our AOW instructor. He is from France and I have to say he has a French accent. But we had no problem understanding him, and if we had a problem, he was always happy to repeat or explain further for us. He would also come to us between dives to give us suggestions or comments.

There was another student from France with us in the same AOW course, he told us he took his OW course with New Way 3 years ago, and he came back again for the AOW. David held a short discussion with us because that student wanted to go to Sail Rock for the second day of the course, he did not push us to go and said if we were not willing to go (since there would be extra charge), he would work it out. At last we agreed that we would also go to Sail Rock. And the dives in Sail Rock my friend, was amazing! We set out really early in the morning and our boat was the first one at the site. The water was really clam and clear and we saw tons of fishes and corals.

A piece of information: they go to Sail Rock once every 2-3 weeks, and if you would like to go there, just send them email to ask. The boat trip would be around 2 hours and they would prepare a lot of drinks and sandwiches on the boat.

New Way's shop might not be the best looking one in Koh Tao, but it has the most heart warming friendly atmosphere. Whenever we were at the shop, we can see people chitchatting and smiling faces. You can easily make friends there. To me, the most important quality of a dive instructor is that you believe you can trust him or her above or under water. From my perspective, every dive master in New Way is with professionalism and knows how to handles things.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent 17 days diving with New Way as a dive master trainee so I got to witness the operation and customer relations first hand, as well as gauge the reactions and happiness of divers using New Way.

You will be hard pushed to find somewhere better on the Island! They are super-chilled and very flexible so that they can offer a stress free and very individual experience based on the divers wants and needs.

Its a very friendly atmosphere and well-catered shop with seating and free wifi. Lots of places around to get food and New Way take care of all the travel on the business end.

They have some great instructors, dive masters and dive masters in training who are super helpful and have a lot of good advise to give about the Island as well as local knowledge re; diving.

It is my perception that they get A LOT of repeat business as I most people would book a course and enjoy it SO much they would book another or return for more fun diving. Equally, many who sought only to fun dive ended booking onto courses as they wanted more!

You are made to feel like family and friend and at the end of each diving day everyone grabs a beer, chills out and talks about the days diving and what tomorrow may bring. Theres always someone going for dinner locally and everyone is welcome to tag along.

They offer courses in most languages with a strong mix of English, French and German speaking instructors. I had Vince as a mentor and Yann as a one of my main tutors who were both ace at the job, knowing it and the dive sites inside out and being cool guys as well made it a great experience for me.

As part of my training I had to assist on a number of courses and every instructor and dive master I assisted was great. Very passionate and very friendly. The standard of dive master trainees is also very high and it is my opinion that, should you choose to dive with New Way, you will be well looked after, it will be made personal for you and you will want to dive as much as possible with them.

Drop them an email! Hope this helps....

2  Thank Richard L