“Safe and professional”

Koh Tao Divers
Ranked #19 of 99 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Koh Tao Divers was established more than 27 years ago as the first dive center on Koh Tao. Today as a modern but still small dive center, we think that diving is a way to explore the underwater world and not a group sport. Our experienced and professional dive team will teach you all there is in diving and take you to dive sites you choose, in small groups and with a personal touch. What ever it is that does it for you in this tropical paradise, we've got it, and it all comes with a smile. Languages available: English, Finnish, Danish, Thai, Italian and many more on request. We offer courses from absolute beginner all the way to the most advanced forms of technical diving as well as professional courses for divers looking to have a career in diving.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First time when guide really showed me where we are going, how we are diving, how long time we are goint to spend in different places, what there are to see.. Straight from the schoolbook! Really nice. Just like PADI teaches.

Boat was nice and big. It was easy to get a gear from the office and way to the boat was short. Access to my gear during the dive was easy, but not the best.

I really appreciated the fact that they had insurance for me (allthough I of course had my own)

Otherwise.. there wasn't anything to see under water so the guide just swam and swam and swam.. so I didn't have time to "mud dive". Visibility was so low, that I had really to keep on going if I didnt want to loose the guide and the rest of the group.

As a Finn I didn't like the place, because I definately don't want to spend my precious holiday with other Finns, but if you don't mind that ;-) , so this is a safe, professional and nice place to dive

2  Thank Paula H
Kwistay, Manager at Koh Tao Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hey Paula!

Thank you very much for your kind review, much appreciated!
We are happy to hear that you found us very professional, even though most of us are Finnish ;)

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First visited them in april 2012 and did my first diving course. The staff is always friendly, helpful and smiling :) everything is reliable and the dives are well arranged. can't say anything else, always a pleasure, will definately come again!

3  Thank Marta V
Kwistay, Manager at Koh Tao Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed diving with us.
Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Most Thailand diving with Kohtoa.
DISCOVER THE UNDERWATER WORLD IN THE MOST NATURAL WAY POSSIBLE AND EXPERIENCE IT IN THE CLOSEST WAY WE CAN TO THE CREATURES OF THE SEA.
Most place of freediving, otherwise known as apnea, is diving with a single breath of air. The human body shares with marine mammals the ability to lower the heart tate while underwater at pressure to enable the body to tolerate low levels of oxygen. Out hidden aquatic potential can be realized by physiological and psychological training and freediving courses will teach the skills and techniques such as breaching and relaxation exercises to help develop this hidden ability. The course levels offered on Kohtao range from beginner to professional with each course designed to suit the ability of each individual. A beginner course takes only 1 or 2 days and teaches the basics of this challenging sport. Competitor training is also available....Koh Tao Perfect blog (http://kohtaoperfect.blogspot.com)

2  Thank KohTaoPerfect
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Again what a wonderfull trip to Koh Tao and Dives with Koh Tao Divers... We were only 6 nights at Tao but can get it 7 Dives. And what a nice things to end your Dives was UV Night Dive!!!! You must do this if you can.
Big thanks for whole Staff. And Bigger thanks to Antti and Lorenzo.
See you at next time.

1  Thank JarnoAhde
Kwistay, Manager at Koh Tao Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words and we are very happy that you enjoyed diving with us. We will keep up the spirit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I came to koh tao island just to dive. Which basically so does everyone else. I did research before I came. Still reviews only go so far. Honestly it was just myself and my instructor Lorenzo 1 on 1. But even at that groups are no bigger than four during busy season. Very personal with my open water. Making sure everything is "sinking" in.

If you are looking for the cheapest, not the place. BUT.. when cheap you get cheap. No one wants to feel like they missed something or were over looked.

Met mikko the owner right as I walked in the shop. I wasn't working with him, but he made me feel welcomed, then again later the week. Asked how things were. Felt great.

Lorenzo was seriously the best, heal that toe. He made sure I got everything, even went on extra dives with me when he didn't have to. Seriously funny guy.

Looking for in depth and personal, this is the place. The rest of the staff was great and welcoming too.

2  Thank DaveN722