“Cosy”

Ranked #17 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Bray, Ireland
“Cosy”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I liked it here. Rooms are clean, cosy and comfortable. It's reasonably priced, hot showers in room with TV and even a DVD player! Great if your diving and need a quiet night in!
Location is good, plenty of shops, bars and restaraunts close by and beach only 5 minute walk away.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the restaraunt as I'd read good reviews about it. The reason I was disappointed is that they don't do Thai food which I found very surprising, however it wasn't really an issue as right across the road there are two lovely little restaraunts with great selections of Thai food for very cheap. Yes I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is my second visit to sairee guesthouse and I love it.
The rooms are spacious and well maintained and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The location is central to restaurants and the beach bars are 5 minutes away.
I am already planning my return to Koh Tao and I recommend sairee guest house to all my friends. The owners are always around and are very nice and welcoming.
Mark

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a total of 6 nights. The rooms are modern and clean, including; fridge, safety deposit box, hair dryer, air con & fan, tv, DVD player and hot water. The cleanliness was perfect. The food in the restaurant is great, especially the American breakfast (the best fry up we have has in Thailand). The French owners really make the place, they are charming and helpful beyond what you could expect. The only negative is that they are let down by the indifferent and sour-faced staff who run the place when they aren't there, in particular a couple of girls in the restaurant. HOWEVER don't let that put you off, it's good value and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
cheshire
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Easy check in, no issues, room was standard but that's what it is.... It's quite modern for most places in koh Tao believe me..... Slow shower drains but not a problem, cleaning was ok.

Food at the restaurant was good..... We ate there 4/6, meals we had..... Inexpensive food but good!!

Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

For the price, this guesthouse packs a lot of punch. It has a safe, shampoo/conditioner, reliable wifi, large umbrella. and comfortable beds. Myself, I disliked the concrete floor because it was so cold and silty, but I recognize that it is easy to keep clean and is less prone to damage. The overall vibe of the room is cold; the daytime construction is disturbing. I found that our room (#3) smelled of cigarette smoke, which really bothered me. I suppose they get a lot of unsavoury characters here, as they request a 1000 THB deposit for the key, and stated on the room info placard is a list of the cost of each room item in case of damage. I found this a little tacky.

At other establishments, we prefer to leave our room key with the front desk especially if we go to the beach, but this is not safe at this guesthouse, as it is simple enough for a stranger to walk up to the box that houses the room keys and take any one. I found this lack of security somewhat troubling.

I didn't particularly enjoy my stay at this guesthouse, but my companions really enjoyed their time here. Granted, the price is low, and the location is right on the main strip. If you are traveling on a budget, this is a great choice, especially because Koh Tao is a bit more expensive than the other islands. Myself, I would prefer to spend extra and stay somewhere a bit nicer in the future, but I gave this guesthouse 4* because the accommodations and amenities are completely appropriate for the price-point. If there was an option to provide 3.5*, I would have chosen it.

I would not visit again, but believe that this is a great place to stay in the budget category.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is actually nice but it has a few teething problems. The main one is construction or renovations of the rooms which we were not informed of on booking. We experienced really bad banging drilling and sawing starting from about 8am. It lasts until 5. No dirt but loud noise. The one day it wasn't next to us the maid come super early haha just our luck! A free breakfast would have helped.

The shower also creates a flood in the bathroom so much so that a mop is supplied to push it down the drain.

Two small but annoying factors are that the plug sockets are located under the bed side cupboard on the floor so nothing reaches to the bed eg chargers and you have to bend every time you want to plug something in. Also there is no do not disturb sign in room. Would stay again if these probs were sorted and construction finished.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HannahandTony
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our 9th and last night in beautiful koh tao. It's a brilliant hotel. Friendly french and thai staff. The best german breakfast on the island. Modern, clean and comfortable. The room was nice with a low, comfy bed, tv, dvd and excellent shower with shampoo/bath gel. The room also had a safe which is a great thing to have. The tv signal was poor and the wifi dropped out frequently but apart from that, it was a lovely place to stay only 5 mins from the beach and 2 mins from the best restaurants. Recommended!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple