See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rooms were fine. Clean. Beds were very uncomfortable. We asked for an extra pillow (one of us has a very bad back) and it was as if we asked for her first born child. Well, okay... we just went and bought one at the supermarket. The lady was pretty unfriendly at first, but eventually really warmed up to us and by our 7th night was more helpful by the end. Seems as though whether or not we would have stayed there really didn't matter to her, perhaps it is so busy, because of the nice location, customer service can be overlooked. Probably wouldn't stay here again when there are other lovely choices with nice customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My friends & I booked Prick Thai (This is a review for the Prick Thai on Koh Tao (Sairee Beach) - I'm not sure if there is another location on Ko Phangan?) through Scuba Junction.
The lady at the front desk was pretty unfriendly throughout our stay, but on the last night we had an incident where we were unsure if we would be able to get our laundry back before leaving on the 6 a.m. ferry because the front desk was closed & laundry was not at our room as promised. This led to the woman yelling at staff members from the dive shop & saying "I hate you and your Scuba Junction divers."
Not a great last impression.
*However, after all of that, at least we did get our laundry back.)
Overall, it was very convenient for diving purposes as it was 10 steps away from the dive shop/beach.
We had an unconditioned hut with a double bed + a single bed (there were 3 of us.)
We were relieved when we saw 2 fans mounted on the walls, but those fans were extremely squeaky & were annoying during the night.
The accommodation was extremely basic, with a sheet on the beds, a small sheet each to cover yourself at night, and no toilet paper, soap, etc. I guess this is what the cheap price suggests.
It's a good price & good location, if you are willing to deal with explosive staff & basic accom then go for it - if not, find somewhere nicer on Sairee Beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Fairly good value for your money. We stayed here as part of our dive course package. The fan bungalows are relatively plain and barebones but are very clean. The power would often go out at in the evenings but this is apparently common on Koh Tao.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We moved from another resort further away from the beach which was more expensive, we are very happy for our move, the lady at the front counter is really nice and helpful. very basic room but thats the price we are paying for a basic fan room. great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Except from noisy neighbors (yeah, yeah, this is a untz-untz island I know, but it is still cool to be able to sleep at night), I really liked Prick-Thai. At first, I came here because that was the accommodation my diving school was offereng, but I ended up staying here for almost two weeks. My bungalow was clean (no cockroaches, soho!) and the location very good if you want to be close to Sairee Beach but still not on the "worst" party spot. The woman in the reception (they were two, and I mean the younger one with a little daughter) was a warm, kind and very helpful person (which actually is a bit uncommon on Koh Tao, haha). For beeing on Sairee Beach, the price was good. And when I wanted to have my room cleaned, I just had to tell them. I like that, because sometimes it is not necessary to change sheets for example (bad for the environment and actually just weird).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo