“Very Good !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Immersion Freediving

Blue Immersion Freediving
Ranked #24 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Immersion is a SSI and AIDA Freediving International School based in Koh Tao Thailand and Dahab Egypt. Freediving is a form of underwater diving that relies on a diver's ability to hold his breath until resurfacing rather than breathing equipment such as scuba diving gear. BREATH HOLD TRAINING will increase your deeper levels of awereness, lung capacity, perception and control over your body. Train with the world's best freedivers, Linda Paganelli National Record Holder (italy), Lotta Ericson World Record Holder (sweden) and Florian Dagoury up and coming star in the Freediving competitive world (french). Located on Sairee Beach, all students start their training in a relaxing, quiet setting, with a beautiful sunrise from the facility. Courses will be conducted in a very relaxed manner, in small groups. Blue Immersion Thailand has 3 spacious classrooms for theory and breath hold exercises, 2 fast fiberglass Catamaran specially design for Freediving, 2 booking offices on Sairee beach for the best student/instructor communication, a diving library for entertainment, a beach terrace for yoga & meditation. Blue Immersion will give you the most of ONE SINGLE BREATH. Nothing is more beautiful than the ocean's peaceful silence and freedom. Free diving promotes health and fitness.
Saint-Cyr-sur-Mer, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very Good !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

hey ! i took my level 2 course with blue immersion , and i did some training with the team to pratice some equalization technics and to work the deep !
Very good training , nice peoples , and Very good coaching.
Thanks to everybody there , i hope one day i ll come back !

Visited March 2014
2 Thank popyxav
Adhari a, General Manager at Blue Immersion Freediving, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi,

Thanks for the great review. Very happy that you enjoyed your time at Blue Immersion and we hope to see you soon

• Korean first
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hooked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

It's been a few weeks since we did the level 1 course, and now we're back in Norway, saving money to buy our own wet suits and gear. Just do yourself a favor and sign up for one of the courses! Our instructor was Pavel, and we couldn't ask for a more reassuring and relaxing presence than his- SUCH A GREAY GUY! I'm not a very competitive person, and I probably won't be setting any records any time soon. BUT, I will treasure every minute spent exploring the underwater world and figuring out my own limits. Such a rush - Go with Blue Immersion.

Visited April 2014
Hi Elise

Thank you for the great review. Im sure Pavel will be very happy when he sees it. We hope to see you soon at Blue Immersion for some more freediving

Bangkok, Thailand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Very informative and enjoyable course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I took the Level 1 SSI Freediving Course with Blue Immersion over two days in May and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The advantage of choosing Blue Immersion over the other school on the island is that they offer a recognised international freediving qualification that will be accepted if you want to train at other schools worldwide, and will be accepted anywhere should you wish to continue to a higher level course.

Everything about the course was extremely professional and I always felt safe and in good hands. My only criticism was that it felt a little bit rushed at times as there is so much to cover in just two days - personally I would have preferred to take the course over three days and spend a bit more time practicing the basic skills, but I understand that this would add to the costs and may not be convenient for some participants - and it's possible to spend extra time training with the school after the course on another day should you wish.

Bear in mind that the Level 1 freediving course is exactly that - it's a course - and as such it is hard work. They don't give out the certification if you don't meet the requirements - and that means you have to complete all the basic skills successfully - 200m swim (no fins / snorkel), 30m dynamic apnea with fins, theory test, constant weight to 10m, rescue an unconscious diver from 10m, swim up from 10m using only arms, and swim up from 10m without mask. It is not as difficult as it might sound, but I felt I benefitted a lot from having taken a one day intro freediving class earlier in the year on Phuket. Without the benefit of that, I think I may have struggled to pass the certification. But that's probably because I am relatively new to the water - if you are already a strong swimmer / experienced scuba diver etc etc you will likely have no problem.

They do have the option of taking a one day 'discovery course' before you commit to the certification program - I recommend this option to anyone who is unsure how they will take to freediving.

On the course you will have the chance to dive to 20m on a single breath - around half the participants on my course managed it, but everyone got down to at least 15m. It sounds impossible, but it's all about mind control - try it and see.

It's also worthing noting that the school provides you with quality equipment for the course too - and that means real freediving fins, and a low-volume mask, which is great.

At the end of the day you will have the chance to practice some of your new-found skills in a snorkeling session in shallow (up to around 10m) water. This is a nice touch, as most of the course is in open water diving down a line, and there is not so much to see. (Although it's about what you feel, more than what you see).

All in all, I had a great time, and I will certainly be back to train some more with Blue Immersion on my next trip to Koh Tao.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank tony_newman
Adhari a, General Manager at Blue Immersion Freediving, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi Tony,

Thank you for the very detailed review. We are happy that you enjoyed your course and we hope too see you soon for the next level

“Do it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I had an awesome experience, the teacher was great, the course is well made and really helps improve underwater skills.

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you again soon for some more freediving at Blue Immersion

“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

First of all...
I was never a deep water fan in pools, let alone in the ocean!
So I challenged myself to do the Level 1 at Blue Immersion. But before, as anyone who's keen about safety, I did some research on other schools and a few things really mattered to me to enroll at B.I: lots of experience (freediving WRs, AIDA judges and collaborators) and it was a SSI certified school. Others might say you don't need a certification to freedive and they're right, but it's reassuring to know that your school has it and provide it.

To cut a long story short... I finished the level 1 reaching the depth of 20m (which sounded impossible to me in the beginning), holding a 2:35min static breath. Days later I also finished the level 2 course reaching 30m, now holding a 4:15min static breath.

And I'm thinking about doing level 3.

So I can't thank this team enough for providing me one of the best experiences of my life!!

Hi Daniel,

It was great having you here at Blue Immersion. Now that you are more comfortable at depth lets see how deep we can go :-) Hope to see you again soon!