“Awesome”

Apnea Total - Day Courses
Ranked #34 of 91 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Apnea Total Koh Tao is the headquarters for the network of Freediving schools based around the world, it is an independent organization established in 2003, and the first freediving school in Southeast Asia operating for over 10 yrs. Monica Ganame (Argentina) and Eusebio Saenz de Santamaria (Spain) are the founders, the duo and their team are internationally recognized freedive instructors with vast experience in competitions, training and freediving education. Apnea Total has featured in the countless media publications worldwide that identify the school as the most reputable center for freedive education and training, including the travel guides of Lonely Planet and Guide du Routard. Their qualifications include dives deeper than 100 meters and static breath-holds of over 8 minutes.The Apnea Total Team promotes freedive education and safety from beginner to instructor level. To date, over 7,000 students have successfully completed Apnea Total courses. We hold two day beginner courses (Freediver, Static Apnea Clinics, a three day Advanced freediver course and the 4-5 week Masters course which covers every discipline involved in freediving.Our students are certified to such a standard that some have even gone on to open schools of they're own, such in Indonesia, Malaysia, Honduras, Panama and Maldives.
istanbul
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

İ had a two day beginner course. İt was such a great experience for me as i was a bit scared of open water. i learnt some breathing techniques first. then i had dives. The staff was very helpful. They really know what they are doing and i felt very safe and enjoyed free diving with them.

Visited May 2014

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We did the 2 days freediving courses plus one day of static apnea in a pool. It was a great experience and the staff is very nice. They know how to make you feel safe and calm and how to push gently your limits. We dove at 20m and hold our breathe more than 3mn and 4mn in the pool. And it's good to learn breathing technics from Yoga. Great experience to learn about yourself. Thanks apnea total (specially the calm and lovely Kate) !

1 Thank Boulbiboulba
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing experience - do it!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I'd done my beginner's freediver at Apnea Bali the year before and got instantly hooked, so couldn't wait to go to Apnea Total in Koh Tao to do my Advanced.

Turns out it was even better than I imagined! Really enjoyed the classroom sessions...good pace, clear info and personal attention to the exercises. The best bit though were of course the dives! With the right technique, calm supervision and feedback after every dive I achieved way more than I thought I could in those two days and I went back for more dives after that.

The team at Apnea Total is great: knowledgeable, serious about diving/safety and good fun to be around.

If you're pondering freediving, definitely give it a go with these guys- but know it's addictive, you'll probably find yourself extending your stay on the island. I'll definitely be back and will continue to freedive.

2 Thank LifeOfKat
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best dives ever”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having been a spearfisherman for many years I've always been keen to do a proper freediving course and increase my woeful breath-hold and depth. All I can say is that after five days training with Apnea Total I achieved more than I thought I could in such a short time and left as a total convert to freediving as a sport.

The initial freediver course was run by Nikki and Silvia, who were both lovely, and the classroom sessions were very beneficial. Both taught very sound anatomy and physiology relating to freediving, which I found fascinating. The water sessions were, of course, awesome and I was lucky enough to have Nikki one-on-one for the first two days which meant lots of diving and instruction on my technique (or lack of). There was no pressure and lots of encourement which can only lead to better and more enjoyable dives.

Before the static day I was unconvinced I could do a breath-hold of 3 minutes as I’d never come close before. But, with the correct breathing techniques and relaxation I managed 3 minutes on the first hold.

The advanced course with David and Nikki teaching in the classroom and Morgan in the water was seriously great – I never thought I could enjoy exhale dives! By the end I had done an exhale dive to 20m and a full-lung dive to 32m.

So, in case it’s not clear, I loved it and definitely recommend it to anyone considering trying it – you’ll get a lot out of it.

Jesse.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jesse P
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Been a dive Instructor for years and was looking for something a bit different, so I signed on at Apnea Total in Sairee on Ko Tao for the Freediving and advanced courses.
Classroom sessions were light, friendly and very informative.
Water sessions were calm with no stress and 1 Instructor to 2 students (Freediving course) and 2 Instructors to 3 students (advanced course).
Tobin was our Instructor on the Freediving course and was helpful, constructive and reassuring. Thanks Tobin for an awesome introduction into Freediving and boosting confidence when goals were achieved (20 meters).
Static course on the advanced level was so interesting, never thought that I could hold my breath in the water for just over 4 minutes.
David and Nikki were our Instructors for the advanced course, they had the same relaxed and easy going / fun attitude as Tobin has.
Time to head to the water, I was a bit apprehensive about 30 meters but managed 27 meters on exhale breath dives and 30 meters, with a pause at the bottom of the line, on full lung dives.
Overall Apnea Total has an excellent team with informative Instructors who give you the boost and confidence that is required.
Total thumbs up experience and recommend to one and all to come and try it with the Apnea Total team.
Thanks again Apnea and be back in a couple of days for more practice with you.

Visited March 2014