“Entertaining local crowd.”

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Entertaining local crowd.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went into this bar for a few beers for their Oktoberfest. Great afternoon tasting different ciders and beers from around the world. A real locals crowd who were very friendly and a little crazy...

Visited October 2013

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent Sunday BBQ”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For 300 bhat you choose chicken or pork. The BBQ comes with veggies, bread, sauce, and more all on one plate. Good portion. Very good comfort food. The non-alcoholic drink selection is relatively poor.

• Visited October 2013
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great Bar to have a few drinks at”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Found this bar on our way back to our bungalow. The place was rocking. The bar staff were very friendly and insisted on giving you shots. I avoided the jager bombs. My daughter didn't and was wrecked the next day.

Visited October 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great food, but the lack of flexibility and average atmosphere lets it down”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Now don't get me wrong, as a non-diver I appreciate a place that actively prevents 'dive talk' because I don't care much for it either, however I do prefer some talk...which you will get none of your first few times here.

The food is great, of what I've had so far. The owners obvious aversion to vegetarians has made me unwilling so far to order their veggie burger as I cannot bring myself to order what they call the 'Wimp Burger' but their Sunday roast is massive and really tasty and I have ordered their chips, cheese and gravy many times now.
However I do prefer to take away as the atmosphere is not very welcoming and not AT ALL PG-rated.
I have a daughter and whilst I am not too bothered taking her in there, regulars have actively voiced their issues with there being a child there, which is off-putting.

Don't bother asking to change anything about your order, they apparently have no control over their chefs and what is on the item description is what is going to appear on your plate, no matter what you want.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester
“Friendly little bar”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I visited this place twice while I was in Koh Tao. The first time I was greeted by Sam, a great chap who served me almost as soon as I sat down. The second I met up with some mates for a drink.

Banyan has a fantastic atmosphere and isn't what you expect from a bar on the island. The floor is a mixture of slabs and woodchips, the bar is decorated with all sorts of intriguing knick-knacks and customers get a free t-shirt if they can come up with a new cocktail.

Overall a superb little place, definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2013