“Great place to get PADI Certified”

Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome! Our purpose at Ocean Sound Dive + Yoga is to help you make the most of your visit to the beautiful island of Koh Tao. We are an inspired community sharing our passion with others. We offer high quality PADI dive courses and professional yoga classes, combined with the finest in customer service. We look forward to having you here!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to get PADI Certified”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I picked this place after scouring TripAdvisor; it seemed like a solid place to begin learning about what scuba diving had to offer. I went in with almost zero knowledge about scuba diving and had very little idea what to expect.

They had a free taxi pickup from the dock. The second I stepped off the boat, Koh, the taxi driver was there to drive me to the office, a 5ish minute drive. I was in a 4 person class with Will North and you can tell he used to be a teacher. He has a way of explaining things very carefully and deliberately so you don't miss anything. We spent 1 day learning scuba basics in a beautiful little pool, then went on 4 dives the following 2 days. The dives were a lot of fun and we even got to see a little family of clownfish. Everything was really well planned out, the equipment was all new, and there was ample time to try out everything you learned in the classroom. The morning dives had breakfast included. We finished out the class by filling out our new log books (included with the course) with lists of all the fish we saw on our 4 dives :)

Worth mentioning: The staff is very professional and really went the extra mile for me during my stay. Jesper gave me a free lift to my next guesthouse after the course was over (a huge help because taxis are pricey on Koh Tao) and Will helped me rent a bike at a trustworthy place. These are all things that have nothing to do with scuba diving, so it was really impressive to me they took the time to do all these things. Lastly, their office had great, FAST wifi, which a lifesaver for someone traveling without a phone ^^

So, in a nutshell, this is a great place to get certified and/or do other courses!

Visited August 2014
OS-Dive-Yoga, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Many thanks for the detailed review! Thanks for mentioning Ko, our super-cool driver. I will tell him about it for sure. I am happy to have served you! Sincerely, Will and the OS team.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Patient and friendly team”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my friend and I decided on Ocean Sound for our OW and AOW course. It was a right decision. The team is patience and professional, making us feel really comfortable. They also go beyond the mile by giving a lift to our next guesthouse after we completed our course. Thank you so much for everything!

Visited August 2014
Hello W! We are happy that you found us! Thanks for the review. Sincerely, Will
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I love'it!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Been there last week, I got to have a refreshment dive and book additional 2 dives.
I book them without knowing they are #1 at trip advisor, but I tell you this I was walking around on all the diving schools there and defiantly you feel the good vibe right when you do the first step.
I met Will and felt I found the right place.
The first day was with amazing blondy instructor girl, which was so great and gave me tips that in a 4 days of my diving lessons I didnt know.
The second day I was instruced by Anton which was very professional and take us to a really 2 fun dives (group of 4).
He keep looking for interesting stuff to see underwater so it was really great.
He describe the briefing before and after the dive with a fishing book so we acually were really prepared nicly with what we are going to see.
Also thier boat is the best, very clean and fixed up with tables and nice top if you want to catch a little sun.
I really dont have anything bad to say, all the personal there are amazing and you feel they are really like thier jobs.

OS-Dive-Yoga, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi D! Many thanks for your review. We appreciate it very much. We are glad that you were well taken care of during your dives with us! Sincerely, Will and the OS team.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible dive experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We had an unbelievable time with Ocean Sound. Each and everyone of them are such great people, they were so welcoming, they made sure everyone felt completely at ease. We actually decided to not only do the Open Water course but also the Advanced! Our instructor, Phil, was really great, but I doubt you can go wrong with any of the instructors. They're like one happy family and they can't wait to make you become a part of it. I'm actually going to do my Divemaster with them when I come back next year! So thanks for everything, we love you tons! Team Belgium

Hi Emilie, we all had such a great time with you and Sophie! We will miss you both, and we have put your return date in the calendar. From all of us, thank you!!
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Average diving experience”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

After reading a lot of great reviews I decided to take some fun dives with ocean sound. The equipment was good and the trips were well organized. Unfortunately there is a fixed schedule for the whole week and about every three days they visit the same diving sites. My instructor whom I did 4 dives with was obviously new to this and his briefings were exactly the same every time. He hardly pointed out any life under water and when we went to chumpon pinnacle twice in a row we did the exact same dive twice: the route, the depth... I think I actually saw some of the same fish.
While all of this are just small flaws that I would have happily overlooked one of the other diving instructors brought an egg with him to feed the fish under water. One of the first things you learn when you start diving is that you do not feed fish as little as you touch them. This is wildlife and we should try our best to preserve it as it is. While I understand that one egg does not make much of a difference especially considering the harm we are doing with the noise and the pollution from the boats, it is still just the wrong attitude. Especially when I asked the instructor rather he knew if feeding the fish egg would make them sick, he answered he doesn't know, he doesn't stick around long enough to find out.
Oceansound might be a good place to do your OWD, most of the people just starting to dive seemed satisfied, but for more experienced divers I would recommend going somewhere else for a bigger variety on diving sites and a better attitude.

4 Thank Aurelie_O2
OS-Dive-Yoga, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, 7 February 2015
Dear Aurelie,

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave your comments.

Our dive site schedule can be viewed on our website, and is designed to offer variety and easy access to the best dive sites on Koh Tao.

Our instructor used the egg to demonstrate pressure change for his Advanced deep dive students. This was a simple misunderstanding. When you questioned him, he thought the two of you were jesting, and having a little fun. His response was not an attempt to insult you. We do apologize for this confusion. In the future, no Ocean Sound instructor will demonstrate pressure change in this manner.

We are pleased that you found the equipment in good condition, the dives well organized, and that you noticed that everyone around you was having a great time.

We would love the opportunity to have you return someday!

All the best,