“A great introduction to Koh Tao”

Safety Stop Koh Tao
Ranked #103 of 219 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Recommended after every Dive" A Koh Tao classic, when you are waiting for a boat to arrive or yours to leave or just want to have a good time.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Went here with our 4 kids (ages 8-14) the very first evening of our trip and it was great. To find ourselves sitting watching the sunset, drinking beer and eating delicious curries so easily was very reassuring - maybe because it feels quite familiar to a Brit, but we also went here for a bit of breakfast another day, it is a safe choice!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Centrally in mae haad close to the piers, nice place where we did enjoy our tasty dinner , good food for a excellent price with friendly people , our vacation at turtle island is excellent with visiting this restaurant pub

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here..was no one really about.Staff pretty friendly.Food was ok.Nothing amazing but no real complaints.Had the chicken bacon burger.Good for ferry location.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

The food, the people and the alcohol! Everything was amazing! As soon as I walked in I was greeted by friendly staff! Sat down and immediately got talking to some of the people who use the bar as their local! The dive shop across the road, planet scuba, have a beer in safety stop after work, so I had a great time having a chat with them.
Next is the food....I ordered chicken and cashew nut.....best food I've had in a long time! As well as Thai food, they have a wide range of western food if you want a bit of home :) they also have western beer and cider! Something I didn't expect! But being irish, having an ice cold bulmers, sitting on the bean bags that overlook the bay....heaven!
So if you're looking for friendly people, good food and a great drink, you better make a safety stop ;)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

After a few months of traveling around Asia I was crazing a decent burger like I could get back home in Canada. After reading some reviews I settled on this place and it didn't disappoint. One of the best burgers I've had in Thailand and in asia. Big portions and a friendly staff, there's nothing bad to say about safety stop.