“Average hotel at above average price”
Review of Island Spa Resort

Island Spa Resort
and 1 more site!
Island Spa Resort
Ranked #64 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
“Average hotel at above average price”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Island spa is extremely well located on sairee beach. Beds are comfy and staff helpful. However, rooms are not cleaned unless requsted and when I did no notable cleaning was actually done. The bin wasnt even emptied. Air con is pure bliss but the hot showers are cold trickles.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We had many problems whilst we stayed here in June for 2 nights only, mainly to do with the management of the "resort".
We had interactions with a younger lady who saw us to our room and an old lady who stays in the reception in the evenings. Both of which don't know a lot about the goings on of the resort and refer to their boss having the answers but we never saw this person.

When we arrived we were seen to our bungalow, we then promptly left to cool down by the beach. It's a 30 second walk, great location right on the beach and under ten minutes to the main restaurant area. When we returned about an hour later we discovered the air con had leaked all over half the bed. We brought up the problem with reception and the older lady said she could do nothing until the young girl arrived tomorrow. We had to sleep in a wet bed with no functioning air con.
We spoke with the lady that morning, she assured us it would be fixed. We returned after a day out and we were not allowed to return to the room as the maintainance man still required our key to enter the room. We had to wait around in the heat until the lady informed us we could change bungalows. This we accepted but we believed we were intitled to discount due the the conditions we had to sleep in. We were paying 600 baht a night so we were only asking to knock off at least 100 baht. She said she would speak to her " boss" the discount was declined with very little reasoning.

Overall very unsatified by the stay. Would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Koh Tao hotels

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Haven't read any of reviews.

We escaped from the horrific Sairee hut resort with roaches and awful untrustful staff. Avoid that place at all cost! ... Then we stayed at this place we found by the sairee WALKING road. Road 10 meters from the sea. Every room is really close to the beach. 1200 bht a night, no bargaining to do altough we stayed for 10 nights. This one was on the cheapest end especially compared to what we got. There is something maybe 200 bht cheaper with same facilities but I don't think it's worth it. Accommodation at Koh tao, with a/c (takes much electricity, small island) or by the beach (small island) is really expensive. Room was really spacious had a couch and a high roof, good ac, clean. No tv. Big bathroom with bathtub. Good fridge.

Only really really little sound from the bars nearby. If you try listen to it at night you can hear it.

Really good and varied massage service provided by the hotel and nearby also.

No swimming pool, but this beach is so clean, close and nice you don't need it.

Buffet and basic breakfasts nearby. American buffets starting from 150 bht.

You don't need a motorbike altough the cheapest was only 150bht if you're into that. You're in the middle of sairee beach and a 10 min walk to mae haad bay town wich is the only other town there.

I must say, Good snorkeling straight from the beach, but I would recommend walking to the the northern end of sairee when the tide is high, coral is so high from the beach that it's dangerously close to you if you try to swim deeper at low tide. Big schools of fish at northern end. Southern end has a bout route that you can use during low tide! Just after koh tao divers and Intouch resort.

Great place. I rate those circles about the hotels quality on koh tao price/value standards.

Room Tip: Any of the concrete bungalows is good by location. It's not a big area and the sea and everythin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank henkkahoo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This place is a great location just off the beach and slightly south of the main part of Sairee beach, and sort of missed by the party crowd. The bungalows are spacious and clean, but mildew on the bathroom ceilings and shower heads broken give the place a bit of a rundown feel. The first bungalow we stayed in the AC didnt work so well and the shower head wasnt able to attach to the wall, so we changed rooms with no problem from the girl running the place, but the next place the shower head was also broken and when I asked her about it she said they were all like that! Many of the lights didn't work either, which just needed a bulb replacing. I also asked her about that and she looked at me like I was mad to expect someone would actually keep up with changing light bulbs.

All in all a good experience for the price of this now overpriced area. There is a lovely dog on the property who comes up onto your balcony for a scratch once he trusts you.

Room Tip: check what works and what doesn't, and don't be afraid to ask for a different room if not ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Porthtowan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in an air con bungalow for 1200 baht each night. This was competitively priced with the other air con bungalows on sairee beach. Ours was about 5 bungalows back from the beach, nice room and big terrace to sit outside and have a beer. Very close to all the bars and shops on sairee, we mainly went to AC 2 bar and sairee cottage bar for amazing happy hour sunset drinks. We were able to book this a couple of days before we needed it by going in person and putting down a deposit. Most other bungalow resorts on the main stretch wouldn't take bookings you have to go back at midday the day you want it and see if there's one free. The bungalow was nice and spacious, air con reasonable but could be better, and shower ok with hot water though hot water is definitely not required at this time of yr!!

• Stayed March 2013
Bath
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I was very happy staying here for 4 nights.
Great location, a few minutes to the centre of Sairee beach strip but all amenities just round the corner. The beach is just over the path and I do recommend having a Thai massage in the Spa Massage hut, maybe tell them to go easy on the back twist at the end unless that's your thing!
Book all the nights you'd like to stay online: I booked the first two nights online then when I was there nights 3 and 4 were twice as much.
There's only one plug socket so you have to choose between the fridge or your phone charger.
There are chairs on each villa's veranda to relax in the small but well kept garden area and everything inside was spotless. There were a few ants in the bathrooms but unless you're spending big bucks that's the same most places on the island. As a solo lady traveller I felt secure and the owner and member of staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: If you get villa 4 - 12 you'll be far away enough from the path for a quieter stay. I just asked...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed here in May 2012 for 2 weeks after ditching my plans to go to Laos to stay on the island. The location is perfect, right in the middle of Sairee. Nice separate bungalows and a bathroom with an actual bath! They are clean enough and I would definitely stay here again when I return to Ko Tao. There is a lovely lady out front who will clean the room if you leave your keys with her. Please, please, please make sure you lock your front door at night however as one night I got a bit of a shock when a local man came into my room and got into my bed ( I won't go into detail ). Luckily I woke up and chucked him out but couldn't believe he had done it, especially as I had a man in the room with me

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo