“Refreshing”

Grounded Koh Tao's Wellbeing Center
Ranked #6 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga, Tai Chi, self defense, healthy juices, nutrition education, meditation, AA and NA counseling, acupuncture, therapeutic massage and more.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Grounded is an amazing center away from some of the noise of Koh Tao. The teachers are all amazing, each teaching their different favorite styles. I haven't done much yoga until I was here and I feel like I immersed myself in it. I really enjoyed that after every class everyone had delicious thai tea together and talked all about yoga and got to know each other. I originally came to the island for diving and found completely wrapped up in yoga the entire time. There couldn't be a better place for me to first get into yoga than this.

2  Thank laura a
"island"
in 12 reviews
"hiked"

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I took my first vinyasa class at Grounded Yoga. The evening class was taught by a french girl who put my abs to work ! I have to say that after 2 weeks on Tao drinking beer, i needed just that. Highly recommend it !

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have never practiced yoga before in my life, but what better way to get started than on a small island paradise in the middle of the Gulf of Thailand. Little corner of tranquility in the middle of the forest, the place is ideal for relaxation. Against all odds and especially misconceptions, I was pleasantly surprised by the complexity of this philosophy. I really felt incredible after each class and that made me continue even back home. A big thank you to the teachers who were amazing and thought me everything. Awesome place, don’t miss it

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I've taken several yoga classes through south east Asia so far and this has been the most demanding and complete one so far. Kirsten corrected my posture several times and encouraged us to push ourselves without taking any risk of an injury or something like that.

The place is very peaceful, and weather is nice as they have fans in case it gets hot (believe me, it does).

The only downside was that there were too many mosquitoes (even when I sprayed myself with looots of repellent). This prevented me from focusing as I would have wanted to. Maybe it was because I was closer to the grass and plants, so I recommend you take the right side of the yoga room.

Thanks for a great time!

After taking that lesson in the morning I've felt like new the whole day. Will be going back

1  Thank Juan Pablo E
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I visited Grounded for 2 yoga sessions during my one week stay on Koh Tao. I took the ashtanga classes and enjoyed both of them. I did a morning and evening session with different teachers. Grounded really does welcome everyone for yoga - we had beginners, intermediates and experts in the class and everyone was included. I wish I had had more time for other classes as I always left feeling a million dollars.