“Delicious and Great Value Isaan Food in Sairee”
Review of Lanta Restaurant

Lanta Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 208 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 17 October 2013

When I first arrived Koh Tao in March this year, I was a backpacker traveling in limited budget. Lanta offers a great selection of Thai food in affordable value. Owner Waew is always very friendly and gives considerate food recommendation to customers. She is also the chef who makes excellent Isaan Thai food. She can always adjust the favor or spiciness to accommodate each customer. Oh, remember to try their "Mango & Sticky Rice" for dessert!
Lanta has plenty of large dining tables for large groups. Free WiFi is available with strong signal all the time, which also makes it a excellent chill out spot to catch up on emails or work for travelers.
Drive north on the main road from Mae Haad Pier, this restaurant is located on the right side of the road after Ban's Diving Resort. Motorbikes can be parked easily in front of the restaurant.
Now that I've lived in Koh Tao over ten months. I still visit Lanta very often for a quick meal and takeaway!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

For a restaurant which is not in the centre of sairee village, this restaurant have quite a variety of food to choose from. I had the papaya salad and it is as good as those I had in Bangkok. I ordered pork curry and it tastes just as good. All the workers seem to be very close to each other so i think this is a family run restaurant.

If not because of the distance from sairee village, i would have eaten here more often.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I came here for lunch on our honeymoon, based on TripAdvisor reviews, and were not disappointed!

It's more of a cafeteria style than restaurant but the food was delicious. We shared a fresh and spicy papaya salad over a couple of yummy coconut and mango shakes, before moving onto our mains of chicken pad thai and crispy pork with morning glory - which was cooked there and then.

The pork was some of the crispiest we'd ever tasted and the pad thai was lovely blend of textures and flavours. Menu is pretty huge too - plenty of choices but we were full up to eat any more!

Would definitely go again for a tasty, quality and cheap meal in Koh Tao. Staff friendly too.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

$10AUD lunches for two included 3 mains, two beers and a large water. The food is very fresh and delicious. You have to ask if you want Thai spicy, The staff leave you to beckon them which doesn't worry me. Very relaxed place. We have been here twice and likely to keep going back :)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Lanta is a Thai food place directly on the main road in Sairee. The menu offers a lot of typical Thai dishes. Everything is prepared freshly and in short time. We ordered 6 different dishes for take away, got it within 30min - all were delicious. If you are a soup fan, try the seaweed soup! Salads and curries were all tasty!