“Great Food Great Company” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goodtime Beach Cafe & Bar
Ranked #122 of 180 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: Cafe, Bar, Mediterranean, Asian, Thai, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We offer quality breakfasts, burgers, wraps, sandwiches snacks and a selection of specials right on the beach. Our menu includes Western, Mediterranean, Thai and Burmese dishes and influences along with weekly beach side BBQ's and a Suicide Wing challenge!
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food Great Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food here was really great and a good price, the staff made you feel soo welcome. It's an awesome hidden little spot off of the "yellow brick road" and we even had the pleasure of spending a lunch with Eddie which made us feel truly welcome a :o)

Visited May 2014

Bengaluru, India
“Tasty Finger-licking Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Love their grilled sandwiches.... Penang Sandwich and Tuna Sandwiches were yummm... Also, the Burmese and Lebanese set menu were great... Do not miss ordering Fish Cake Salad and smoothies along with them... I still can feel the lip-licking taste of their Mango Smoothie...

Visited May 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
“Great food at a great price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I started out eating here for convenience as I was taking diving courses through GTA, but I ended up eating here because the food was good and reasonably priced. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all great. I highly recommend the breakfast burrito. Never had a burger but they looked great and some other people I was diving with loved them.

Visited April 2014
Baldock
“Don't miss out on this tasty menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I recon...This beach front cafe has the best tasty menu on the island. Had the pleasure of breakfast as staying in the hotel & In between diving & relaxing tasted the burgers & wraps everything was juicy & tasty...highly recommended. Defiantly worth stopping by for the friendly relaxed atmosphere with good quality food.

Visited March 2014
Timsahb, Owner at Goodtime Beach Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your review and the nice comments about our menu. A great deal of trial and error has gone into trying to have a balanced menu that ranges across Western, Thai and Burmese food, while keeping the essence of whats good about each of them.

Again thanks for the review and we are very happy you liked the food, please come again next time your on Tao!

Cheers,
Tim
Sydney, Australia
“Can do a lot better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The food was overall quite average for the price.
My food came out wrong (I didn't deviate off the menu), which happens I understand, but my friend's fish was another story. The first time it came out it was still raw. After sending it back the exact same piece of small fish came out not much more cooked but this time soaking in a watery substance. It was completely inedible at which point she had lost her appetite so she sent it back. They then charged us 50% of the dish price, which is poor form!
The only thing this place has going for it is the location.

Thank you for your review and please let me apologize for your sub-standard meal. I cant offer any excuses for this and the only explanation I can give is that perhaps the chef was out and one of the assistants prepared your meal, at a time when none of the Western staff where not there to quality check.

If myself or the manager had have been there, we certainly would have not charged you for the meal (or it would never have come to that as the fish would have been better cooked) and I ask if you do ever eat in our cafe again and something is not right, please tell one of the Western staff

This is no excuse at all and only serves to highlight some of the issues we have in Thailand when it comes to preparing non-Thai food. Still we have systems to prevent this and obviously they failed. I have spoken to the staff and changed the rotation of the chefs to try and ensure this does not happen again.

Once again, I apologize for your sub-standard meal and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Regards,