“Good for a quick snack”

Cuisines: Thai
Denver, Colorado
“Good for a quick snack”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in this place for a quick bite. I got an Italian deli wrap... Nothing spectacular but got the job done. The lassies are delicious. They serve their hummus hot, which was strange to me especially because they serve it with hot bread. I got the hummus because usually a nice cold hummus in 90° heat is refreshing but this was piping hot. The staff makes you feel like they don't want you there which is why I took a star off... I went to pay and 3 people looked at me, ignored me and then finally someone came up asking what I got. Considering this island relies on tourists you would think the employees of this place would be nicer. Not one employee smiled there and for that I won't return.

• Korean first
Toronto
“Good for a quick bite. ”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We are here multiple times for breakfast and lunch during our stay on Koh Tao. The service isn't fast (they're usually pretty busy), but the food is quite good. Nothing too fancy, but definitely tasty. The wifi is also very reliable at this place which is saying something for Koh Tao!

Great place to fuel up after a day of diving.

glasgow
“Food poisoning!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I had a 3 hr window between checking out and checking into another hotel, and I called in here for a coffee and sandwich. My sandwich had chicken in it, and at the time I remember thinking it was a bit tough. I should have left it I know, but having not ate since. 6pm-ish the previous evening I was starving!

Well 4 hrs later and I was checked into my new hotel hugging the toilet, throwing my guts up amongst other things. Violent stomach pains and a fever. It lasted the entire night but has ruined 2 days of my stay as I was so weak the morning after, and badly needed to rest after a night of running to and from the bathroom!

I don't leave 1 star reviews very often. I generally save them for the worst of the worst as I'm not into just savaging a business unless it is truly deserved!

This review is deserved. If I could give them minus 100 I would. If stuff like this is happening then they simply shouldn't be in business. Thankfully it was only 24 hrs, but it could have been a hell of a lot more serious!

Do yourselves a favour and go into one of the numerous other establishments within seconds of this place. They're a disgrace!!

1 Thank Padwala
Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfriendly, false orders, food not good.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

To me, the place look clean and nice. The personal however doesn't seems motivated. I ordered a chicken guacamole wrap and a berry smoothie with yoghurt. The smoothie was a lot more ice than something else. A bit of yoghurt added and even less berries. Tasted like slightly flavoured water... For the wrap, on first time they brought me a chicken guacamole in a foccaccia bread. The wrap was not a special request of me. It was exactly, what they had in their menu... So I told them and she brought it back to the kitchen, after a while she came back with the right thing. I'd say, for the price it was to small, was even more hungry after that wrap. And it's a shame to call this a chicken guacamole wrap as there was only a very (very!!) small portion of guacamole...
They do not apologize for false food brought nor say thank you when you leave.

• Visited May 2014
Kent
“Great smoothies”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I went here on my first morning on the island and ordered the eggs benedict and a berry smoothie. The eggs were ok, more hollandaise sauce would have been nice, but the smoothies are great. So good that I used to grab one to take away most mornings. I was very surprised to see some negative reviews as the place was very clean every time I went there, admittedly the service can be a bit slow at times.