“Whale Shark!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Whale Shark!”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Crystal was recommended by a friend and was a fantastic addition to a long overdue holiday. Instructors (Allie, Johannes, Jordan, Richard, Manu) were very professional, which is what it's all about when you are learning. Felt completely comfortable and safe at all times and there was also generally a fun atmosphere. Seemed to be well run at an upper management level too. Met some great people on my particular course. 1st dive after passing the Open Water I was even lucky enough to see and swim right alongside a whale shark! Accomm might have been a bit basic but was clean and to be honest only really had time to sleep there. Large selection of restaurants/bars in the local area. Certainly plan to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Koh Tao, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My wife and I came here so I could learn to dive - and what a place to learn in!! I It is a beautiful tropical island and the marine life is 1st class. Everyone I met had a huge smile - from instructors to guests and people are here to enjoy themselves. The rooms are basic, so do not come here expecting 5* resort style - it is a DIVING RESORT and on this basis it is 5 star and very much value for money. Most impressive is their dedication to eco-tourism and they are very active in protecting this environment and furthering the marine development. On behalf of people who care about our environment - a BIG THANK YOU!!! Come and have some fun :)))

Room Tip: Recommend to get Air Con during the hot months. It can be very hot and humid.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We have just completed a family diving holiday with Crystal and were very impressed with the refresher course run by Casper (for the parents) and the junior open water course for 2 boys (13&
15) run by Allie. Great safe, friendly instruction and diving in good locations. Booking over the Internet was easy and very helpful staff in the diving centre. Accommodation in Regal Resort was excellent with a family room, sea view, clean and air con - all very reasonable price. Breakfast and lunch was great in the restaurant next to Crystal. A great holiday and thanks to Allie and Casper for their professional instruction - we now have 2 boys hooked on diving so will be back! Thanks.

Room Tip: Room 319 had a good sea view. Ask for Allie or Casper for dive instruction. Eat at Pranee's. enj...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LM L
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay and dive with friendly people that are only to happy to help with whatever you need. Would recommend to everyone.
Amazing dive sites that truly take your breath away and you might even see the elusive whale shark if your there at the right time.
I stayed there for my open water and then continued on to do my dive masters so stayed for a long while.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend went there for our diving course as total beginners... I felt so welcomed by the staff and the Crew we had teaching us our PADI open water course... Kiwi, Diaego, Tom all great guys who really made our stay and learning experience so much fun...!!! They were extremely professional and patient with everyone... I loved my course and will defiantly be back for more!! Would recommend everyone to dive at Crystal above any PADI resort!!! You guys made my stay amazing!!! Thanks guys ;)

• Stayed March 2013
Antwerp
Reviewed 24 March 2013

You don't stay on Koh Tao because it's beautiful - but because you're diving there... It IS beautiful, but it's simply overrun by divers (or wannabe divers like me) so I don't know what people are complaining here... We didn't stay at the resort itself because it was simply too crowded when we arrived, we got a nice appartment with tv/airco/fan in a 5min walk from the resort.
About the diving, people complaining about this thing being unpro etc - what did you expect when you're learning to dive at probably one of the most cheapest places in the world... the "problems" people have here can easily be overlooked, you're on vacation, relax!
I've had a different instructor for each course I took, wasn't too keen on it either but this way I learned A LOT more because everyone has their own tips and tricks... We planned to go only for the Open Water, ended up doing the Advanced Open Water + Nitrox + Wreck Spec. as well, one of the best experiences in my life. The staff were a friendly bunch, each with their own qualities... Next year we'll be back for some more courses!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arcum
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 21 March 2013

didn't plan to go diving during this trip but it is absolutely the best thing i've ever done.
crystal is a really professional place but in the same time like a second home! they've been doing this for a long time and know what they're doing. the people who work there are all really helpfull, if you got a qustion you can just ask whoever and they'll help you or sort the problem out.
they are just amazing guys and my instructor, allie, was a big reason to why i came back for more courses. she was always very calm and you could easily tell that she knew what she was doing. i trusted her completely and knew that i never needed to be scared with her around - if i ever got a problem or panicked she would help me. i requested her for every course!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo