“Nice dive centre, entertaining staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We did not stay at the hotel we were only at the dive centre.
A nice dive centre, right at the beach. The staff was entertaining and very helpfull and friendly.
2 boat trips per day (7.00 and 12.00) for a 2 tank dive trip.
As most tourists come here to get there certification, there were a lot of students around. We are fun divers and were always serviced in small groups (max 5 persons per Dive Master) which was very nice.
It is often crowded at the dive sites, which was less pleasant.
The equipment was not in good shape: as a divers you are always responsible for your own safety, so make sure you test your equipment properly.
It all depends on what you are used to: for us the boats were dirty and the equipment not in good conditions (compared to what you will expierence in the Carribean).
Staff is very helpfull and pleasant to be around. We had a very nice time diving with Crystal for about 10 days.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with A/C.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a dive hotel, just go for it, if you are planning to do other stuff rather than diving I wouldn't recommend you this place. I couldnt have more fun doing my course here, everybody was super cool and chill out. Instructors were great and dives were always fun. Looking forward to do my Advance next time I visit Thailand. My room was actually really good and was included in the price of my course. The bar is fun, both instructors and students meet and share a beer or two, great to meet new people and exchange experiences. Restaurant is O.K. There's heaps of other restaurants around. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

If you want a fun and engaging certification in SCUBA I strongly suggest you go to Crystal.

I just completed my PADI open water and had a fantastic experience. My instructor was Nuno and he was brilliant.

The rooms are spartan, but all you really use them for is sleeping. Alternatively you can upgrade your room for a daily fee. Don't expect luxury!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Wrightoff
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had a great experience doing my advanced open water and had a dedicated instructor, but some of the DMs I had on fun dives and the office staff during my stay in particular are clearly only there to dive conveniently and hang out with friends; they don't have much aptitude for dealing with people or teaching.

The free/discounted accommodation for divers is reasonable - I would never stay here if I wasn't diving every day, but as a place to crash and shower after diving it's fine. The wifi is horrendous, but it seems like it's that way everywhere on the island.

The restaurant has good food and decent prices for Koh Tao. The cheapest curries, etc. that I saw after browsing a lot of menus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank zobyt07
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The staff who works here is amazing, They have very friendly instructors who really know what they are doing. I felt safe all the time and the equipment they used was very good. I recommend you suggest your dive master to take you to drop you off on the way back in front of the resort. There is a dive you can do from the boat and you swim all the way to the dive shop.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Took my wreck specialty course through them, course was good, as was the instructor. However, the resort itself...not so much...were told accommodation was free during the course, later to change to a not so pleasant experience sharing a room with another couple. We didn't stay, room was dirty, etc.

I would have been happy if we were told no rooms are available, perhaps a small discount in lou of would suffice, or pay some extra to upgrade a room??

Understanding the place was extremely busy, but some honesty upfront would go a long way...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dennis a
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We booked our scuba dive experience with bungalow. Firstly we had to fill whole bunch of papers what is OK. The bungalow we where put to stay was dirty, sink in the bathroom was leaking, bed was terrible we could feel metal parts of it massaging our backs.
Next day we went through training course where we wehere explained some basic skills how to use equipment and im the afternoon got to dive for 30 minutes. The instructor was rude sometimes what didn't made experience great so choose not to do second dive for which you have to make extra 700 bath.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends